Search for content in message boards

ISO Stout and Detrich

ISO Stout and Detrich

Posted: 15 Feb 2012 8:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for any information on: Ferdinand Stout b. abt 1811 PA. I do not have his parents or the county in which he was born. I do know that he served with the 101st Co. D PA Infantry. I am mainly looking to see where he was born and possibly find who his parents were. I have found him in the 1870 and 1880 census in Illinois but it shows his birth was in PA. I know he was married to an Anna Maria Detrich, I have a year of birth on her as 1822 in Daughpin County, PA but I do not have her parents. Ferdinand and Anna were married in 1842 I am assuming this too was in PA. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Re: ISO Stout and Detrich

Posted: 17 Feb 2012 2:18AM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2012 5:44AM GMT
Surnames: Stoudt, Stout
Dear duallram03,

There are individual index cards showing Civil War service from Pennsylvania at http://www.digitalarchives.state.pa.us

The Ferdinand STOUDT/STOUT in the unit you mention was living in M. Paxton, PA at the time of enlistment in 1865. The card notes that he was born in Berks County. His age is given as 43 so IF accurate born circa 1822 rather than 1811.

Enjoy,
Karen

Posted: 17 Feb 2012 10:36AM GMT
Karen,

I thank you for your return post on this information.

Posted: 19 Nov 2013 5:57PM GMT
I have been searching Ferdinand Stout. I checked the link in the above message from Karen. I do believe though that the birth date of 1811 is correct. I have the 1870 Census that shows he is 59 at the time. So now I am wondering if maybe he fibbed about his age when enlisting? I also his county of birth reported on the link provided in previous message is not correct either. I know he was in the 101st I have a photo, that I took myself of his headstone. It only says though 101st PA INF. it does not give the company letter as his son's does. His son was in the 20th PA Co. F Calv. I show in 1870 he is 24.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions