Search for content in message boards

William H. Parker from Kentucky

William H. Parker from Kentucky

Posted: 25 Oct 2007 6:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parker, Boatright
I am searching for the ancestors of William H. Parker, b 15 Jan 1830 in KY and d 10 Apr 1888 in Lamar County, TX. He married a Lucy C. Boatright, b 12 May 1840 in AR and d 10 Mar 1890 in Lamar County, TX. Date and place of their marriage is not known. The 1880 census shows William and his father were born in KY and his mother in TN. Lucy's parents born in TN. Believe they lived in KS in 1869 because one of their children's place of birth is KS. Could not find them in the 1850 or 1870 census reports. His occupation is farmer. Would appreciate any info. Thanks.
Mary Ann

Re: William H. Parker from Kentucky

Posted: 26 Oct 2007 1:29PM GMT
what is his fathers name? Harden Parker from KY was a cousin to my grandfather..Harry Parker...all grew up in KY...

Posted: 26 Oct 2007 2:31PM GMT
Surnames: Parker
Hi Sue ... Unfortunately no one in the family knows the names of any ancestors prior to William H. Parker. His middle name is not known for sure, but it is believed to be either Hickerson (because of the middle name of his son, John Hickerson Parker) or it was Henry (because of the middle name of his son, James Henry Parker).

The earliest I can place William in Lamar County Texas is 1 Aug 1862 when he signed up for active duty in Burnet's Battalion of Texas Sharp Shooters during the Civil War.

The town of Minter, Texas, was named for Minter Hodges Parker. The community was settled in 1882. Minter Parker can be found in Lamar County as early as 1850. I have attempted to find a family connection between William Parker and Minter Parker but unfortunately, have been unable to do so. Both William Parker and Minter Parker lived, died and are buried in Minter, Texas. Minter was born 4 Feb 1826 in Missouri. The census reports are blank for the birthplaces of Minter's father and mother. Chances are his mother's maiden name was Hodges as it was sometimes the custom during that period of time to give a son the maiden name of his mother as his middle name.

Hope the additional info helps you.

Mary Ann

Posted: 26 Oct 2007 4:59PM GMT
I wish you well..............there are a lot of Parkers out there ha ha

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 1:30AM GMT
Surnames: Parker
Mary Ann, I have a Hickerson Parker who had a son William Parker. I would be interested to see if these two families are connected. Please contact me at my email address and we can share information.

Terry
tlccollectibles@nckcn.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions