Search for content in message boards

Palzer Surname

Palzer Surname

Posted: 2 Dec 2001 6:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jan 2002 12:30AM GMT
Surnames: Palzer
I have family from Germany, 1840's to Wisconsin, to Iowa, to Minnesota around 1918 to Chicago. Albert Palzer was my Grandfather please to exchange info

Re: Palzer Surname

Thomas E. Palzer (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2001 6:14AM GMT
I live one hour south of Chicago. My parents use to speak of an Albert Palzer. My father was Donald C. Palzer and my mother was Verdabelle (Koerner) Palzer. I have two older brothers and no sisters. I have been researching the Palzer name for 2 years and have traced it back to about the 1640's when Mary Palzer's name was mentioned in a scrolling record of English European names. I believe, however, that my ancestry is of middle European descent (Austria, Hungary, Germany), but I haven't been able to verify this. Any information would be greatly appreciated. (Note: Another Thomas Palzer currently lives in Germany.)

Thomas E. Palzer (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2001 6:18AM GMT
An Al Palzer was a boxer who fought during the days of the "Great White Hope" era. According to information on a web site, he was shot and killed by his father in a domestic dispute.

David Palzer (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2002 6:30AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: palzer
this is a link to a boxing bio on albert : cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/palzer-a.html

Posted: 15 Apr 2003 3:07AM GMT
Edited: 6 Mar 2005 4:05AM GMT
There was a "Beaver" (nickname) Palzer and his family living in Perham, Minnesota when I was growing up (1930's-1940's).
His wife was a piano teacher and composer, and he had a son named Eddie. I do not know his given name, and I don't think there are any Palzers there now.

Posted: 2 Oct 2009 6:14AM GMT
There is also currently a Thomas Palzer in Illinois. I am from a hicago line of Palzers. I think I rememember your father and Verdabelle. Did he drive a big gold cadillac in the mid 70's? My father(deceased)was Gene Albert Palzer,his sister is Joyce (Palzer)Krueger in Herscher Illinois.Our can be traced back to Prussian origin.Some New York Palzers are still Jewish, most of the rest, except for me, are not.

Posted: 2 Oct 2009 6:17AM GMT
OOPs I just relized I got some message threads crossed. Thomas, Did my Aunt Joyce give you some geneology notes? Do you have any that I can add to mine? Thanks!

Posted: 29 Mar 2012 11:59PM GMT
I apologize for taking so long to respond. Yes, I've met you and your mother. I remember a name, David. Is that you or your brother?

Gene and Joyce were our cousins. Their mother, Bessie, lived in Kankakee and then moved to Herscher, Illinois, living with Joyce and her husband, last name, Krueger. Your father was in the Navy for 40 years and was with the first submarine crew ever to sail beneath the north pole.

My father, Don, and my mother, Verdabelle, lived in Kankakee. Mom passed away in 1985; dad in 1994. Dad had a Cadillac, but I don't remember the color.

My brother, Richard (Dick) lives in Clarendon Hills, Illinois. He's 68 years old, a retired high school English teacher. James (Jim) is 67 years old, retired from sales and lives in Surprise, Arizona. I'm 63, retired in 2008 and live in Rancho Cucamonga, California with my second wife, Wenli. My wife Sharon and I were marrid for 33 years have four children: Benjamin, 40, Bridget 38, Beth 36,and Brittany, 24. Sharon and I have 5 grandchildren. Wenli and I have been married 7 years and have a stepson named, Yang Bai who is 18. Wenli and Yang are from Beijing, China. We have been married for 7 years. I worked as an Urban and Regional Land Use Planner for 32 years.

I have researched the name Palzer back to the year 1622. There are four places of origin that I've found with vague to factual data. One indicates: Luxembourg or Holland. The others indicate: various locations in Germany, Prussia, and England.

My email address is: tep509@yahoo.com

Posted: 30 Mar 2012 12:29AM GMT
Edited: 30 Mar 2012 12:30AM GMT
Jane Palzer - Daughter of Unknown Palzer and Mary May Unknown.
Jane was born in 1801. She died due to a medical problem, Phthisis Pulmonalis (T.B.), at the age of 48 on October 20th, 1849 in King's Stanley, Gloucestershire, England. She was buried on October 28th, 1849 in King's Stanley, Gloucestershire, England.

Posted: 30 Mar 2012 12:42AM GMT
This is another early record of a Palzer that I'm continuing to research.

Anna Maria Naab formerly Palzer

Born April 29, 1766 [location unknown]

Daughter of [father unknown] and [mother unknown]

[sibling(s) unknown]

Wife of Jost Peter Naab

Born April 29, 1766 [location unknown]

Daughter of [father unknown] and [mother unknown]

[sibling(s) unknown]

Wife of Jost Peter Naab — married [date unknown] [location unknown]

Mother of Peter Naab, Johann Philipp Naab, Jeremias Naab, Jost Peter Naab, Barbara Naab, Johann Adam Naab, Jacob Naab and Gertrude Naab

— married [date unknown] [location unknown]

Mother of Peter Naab, Johann Philipp Naab, Jeremias Naab, Jost Peter Naab, Barbara Naab, Johann Adam Naab, Jacob Naab and Gertrude Naab
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions