Classification: Query
does anyone have a connection between these names/

Re: case/taber

Marta (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2003 7:03PM GMT
Surnames: WESTGATE/CASE/TABER
Here is my connection:

Jonathan Calvin WESTGATE, whose parents are Wanton WESTGATE and Nancy TABER, married Harriet Sybella CASE on 8 March 1863.

Nancy was born sometime between 1785-1790 ( I don't know exactly).

Harriet's parents are Jonathan Case and Anna Cox. She was born in Spruce Hollow, Bedford County, PA.

Jonathan WESTGATE was born 15 April 1804 in Flemington, Hunterdon County, NJ.

Charles Case (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2003 2:18PM GMT
Thanks for the response. My Case Taber connection is in NY with William Case and Cynthia Taber in late 1700, but thanks for the help.
Posted: 27 Feb 2004 3:26AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2005 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: Case Hough Mayo Brownbridge
Charles-Do you have David L. Case b. 1794 NY in your data base?

Charles Case (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2004 1:04PM GMT
No, sorry. The earliest NY Case I have William) is about 1806 in Jefferson County. I believe he could have been in Montgomery/Saratoga about 1800. I can't place the marriage of Wm to Cynthia Taber. Believe Wm came from Ct.

Posted: 18 Sep 2011 3:22PM GMT
Surnames: Case, Fox, Westgate, Johnson, Klass
Hi we are looking for a Jonathan Case born in Pennsylvania in 1804.
He is my ggg grandfather - he married a "Maria" and had seven children among them are Sarah 1830; Charles 1833;George 1835; Martha 1838;Harriet 1840; --- and William 1846.

These children were all born in Pennsylvania except for William who was born in Illinois - Roscoe, Winnebago, Illinois where the family lived during the 1850 Census. Their family # is 110.

So this is not the same Jonathan Case born in NJ April 15 1804 - as the NJ Jonathan married a Rebecca Marshall and they had other children...and lived and died in Nj. They have a different family #.

Our Harriet (my gg grandmother) did marry Jonathan C. Westgate in 1863 - it was her second marriage. We have yet to find "Maria" Harriet's birth mother and wife of our Jonathan - or Jonathan's parents. Not the Adam Case from N as reported it seems...

Some of the records regarding a Jonathan Case married to an Anna Fox (born in PA in 1807) don't hold up...we are still looking both for our PA Jonathan's parents and his wife.

Thanks.
Katie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions