Search for content in message boards

Looking for Falkland Island Biggs and McAtasneys

Looking for Falkland Island Biggs and McAtasneys

Posted: 22 Jan 2009 4:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Biggs, McAtasney
Pleas help. I have a handwritten (very extensive) family list of the Biggs family descended from James and Margaret who emigrated to the Falkland Islands on the brig HMS Hebe on 9 October 1841 from Portsmouth, England. Unfortunately a lot of it is fairly illegible and I know that one of the Biggs family on the Falklands has a recorded family tree.

I also am looking for information on the McAtasneys (John McAtasney and Ellen Baker) who emigrated to the Falklands in 1894.

Thanks
Jenny

Re: Looking for Falkland Island Biggs and McAtasneys

Posted: 23 Jan 2009 11:57AM GMT
i will look into it

Posted: 30 Mar 2009 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: Biggs
did you get a response yet? certainly my grandmother (and maybe your great grandmother) wrote that family tree. My dad Bernard Noel was first cousins with Denis McAtasney, and i used to write to Mamie (Denis's Mum).
Please post an email address and i will respond in person
regards
Sheelah

Posted: 1 Apr 2009 2:14AM GMT
i will look into this to see if our biggs are related
gsaunders@bigpond.com

Posted: 4 Apr 2009 2:02AM GMT
I have had one response but they just said they were looking into it (someone from Australia), so I hope they respond soon.

Yes I think it was my great grandmother - Kathleen? who wrote the tree. I met your dad Noel in England and his second wife Una (I think that was her name) when I was a kid. Dannis was my uncle and Doreen was my mother. Mamie was my grandmother.
My email address is allbymyself@gmail.com. I'm so excited that you've answered my post and can't wait for you to email me. Thanks so much Sheelah (cousin?)

Best wishes
Jenny

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 7:36AM GMT
Surnames: Biggs
Hi there, the person you need to contact is Leona Roberts. She is the Manager of the Falkland Island Museum. She is the seventh generation Biggs. James signed on in Portsmouth but sailed from Woolwich. She will be very helpfull to you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions