Search for content in message boards

Searching for information on Boone Dowdy Tillett

Searching for information on Boone Dowdy Tillett

Posted: 24 May 2009 10:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm searching for information on Boone Dowdy Tillett ( born Sept. 6, 1895 in Nags Head and died May 23, 1992 in Clay Co., Florida. He married Naomi Sheppard. Specifically, I'm looking for any living contacts, or research materials on his life.

Re: Searching for information on Boone Dowdy Tillett

Posted: 26 May 2009 3:52PM GMT
Hi Mark
Here is what found on Boone Dowdy Tillett he was son of
Isaac Erby Tillett and Margaret L. Saunders also he was
one of ten kids they were,
Elizabeth H.born Dec.1896
Odessa Mae born May 4,1898
John T.born July14,1899 died Aug.1979 New Jersey
Va. Dare born Sept.27,1901
Walter Raleigh April 4,1903
Sadie Mason born May 4,1904
Ester B.Born 1906
Herman Arwood born Aug.22,1908
Aurelia A. born 1914
Isaac E. born June6,1865 died April 13,1948 Dare Co.
Margaret born May 1874
Boone`s Grand-Parents were Isaac Erby born Jan.1842 and
Harriett Ann Mason born 1844 was dead by 1900
Hope this helps need more let me know
Jack

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 2:35PM GMT
Surnames: Tillett
Boone Dowdy was my grandfathers brother, sons of Isaac Erby & Maggie Tillett. My grandfather was Walter Raleigh Tillett married to Hazel Spooner, I found information on my family on
www.ncgenweb.us/currituck/photosbios/tillettbandmaggie.html

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 2:37PM GMT

Posted: 7 Jul 2013 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Tillett
Walter Raleigh Tillett was my great-grandfather. Evelyn Tillett was my grandmother. I'm looking for any information on her. She was separated from my father at birth and they never found each other as she passed in 2006. I don't have much info on the Tillett family, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 7 Jul 2013 1:16PM GMT
You need to give as much information as possible in order for someone to be able to help you. What are the birth dates of these people. Give approximate dates if you don't know exact dates. Who did they marry; who were their children, etc.?

Jean

Posted: 7 Jul 2013 11:55PM GMT
Surnames: Tillett & Carswell
Ok, I assumed since they were in everyone's tree that they knew who I was referring to. I'm looking for info Evelyn Tillett b. 25 December 1922 - d. 3 Sept 2006. She was the daughter of Walter Raleigh Tillett (b. 3 April 1903 d. 10 June 1951) and Hazel Spooner (b. 1907 - d. January 1979). Apparently, Evelyn Tillett had another son (after my father) and his name is Raymond Carswell. I'm also looking for information on him as I'm told he's still alive. I have info he was born in 1956, but no birthday. He would be my father's half brother.

Posted: 12 Jul 2013 11:33PM GMT
Evidentially they are not in everyone's tree because they are not in mine. I have not researched beyond Walter Raleigh Tillett. My research is primarily on the earlier Tilletts, going back to William Tillett and his wife Sarah Scarborough who are most likely the 4th great grandparents of Walter R. Tillett.

William Tillett patent 1730
His Excelly John Lord Carteret Palatin & Lords Proprietors of Carolina according to our great Deed of Grant bearing date the first Day of May Anno Dom 1668 given to our County of Albemarle … do hereby give & Grant unto William Tillet of our said County a Tract of Land containing Three hundred and Eight Acres lying in Curratuck precinct on the North Sand banks beginning at a Live Oak at Francis's Creek ENE 160 pole to a Pine NNW 308 pole to an Oak WSW 160 pole to Steels Gutt SSE 308 pole to the first Station being due for the Importation of one person for every Fifty acres as appears on Record under this Patent Paying unto us our heirs & Success'rs yearly every Twenty Ninth day of September the ffee Rent of One Shilling for every ffifty acres provided that if the sd. William Tillet shall not Seat & plant or cause to be Seated & Planted thereon within Three Years …then this patent to be Void otherwise to Stand & be in full force.
Given Under the Seal of the Colony the 31st Day of Augt. Anno Dom 1730
Witness our Trusty & well beloved Sr. Richd. Everard Bart. Gov. of No. Carolina and the rest of our Trusty & well beloved Counsellors who have hereunto set their hands.
Recorded in the Secrys Office
[signatures]:
J. Lovick
Richd. Everard
J. Worley
C. Gale
E. Moseley
Rd. Sanderson
J. Palin
[NC State Archives Albemarle County Miscellaneous Records, 1678-1737 Microfilm Reel #C.002.10001]

Jean
________

Posted: 12 Jul 2013 11:50PM GMT
Surnames: Tillot, Jarvis, Whitehall
Hi Jean, Since you seem to be the Tillot expert, I have a question. My ancestor, Mary Jarvis, daughter of Thomas Jarvis who died in 1761, married Alexander LeGrand Whitehall. Alexander died in 1795 and Mary is called Mary Tillot as guardian of her minor children. I haven't been able to find which Tillot she married and hope you will know. It doesn't affect my ancestry, but I would like to know and when they married, etc.
Thanks for any info.
Julia French Wood

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 9:12PM GMT
Thanks Julia but I don't think I am an expert on anything, I just collect a lot of data, read a lot of books and microfilm and then merge the data into my tree. Unfortunately, I can't help with this one. Having both Tillett and Jarvis lines, this is one I would like to solve. I have spent many hours trying to find out or figure out which Tillett she married but I have never had any luck. Maybe when I get back to reading microfilm I'll find something helpful, if I do, I will certainly post it to the Currituck site.

Jean
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions