Search for content in message boards

Rebecca Morningstar

Rebecca Morningstar

Posted: 19 Mar 2009 10:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morningstar,Platz,Jones
Hi, I have read and have done many queries over the years.
Thank you for bearing with me.
I have the best information for my family now.
Rebecca, my 3rd great grandmother, was born in Ohio in 1825-26. She grew up with the Daniel Lightfoot family in Wayne and Holmes county. They were English. I have talked to Brian Lightfoot, who has the family site. He did say that it was unusual for her name. He said it could be possible that she was Indian.
Rebecca married a Hiram Jones (no info on him, sorry) in Holmes county in 1844. They had 12 children. The first 4 children were born in Ohio and the rest of the children were born in Indiana.
From those 12 children,they are all like dust and have scattered with the wind. The families are so huge, we dont know each other.
I went to as many family members as I have found to get family history, and have come up with the same thing. That was Rebecca was Blackfoot.
This has been said even before I was born. Thats why so many family members have the strong trait with the Indian features.
Another advantage was my dads sister married thier 3rd cousin, a Platz, and his great great grand mother was also Rebecca. So there I have family members with the same information.
There are very many stories I have read that have Morning-Star Indian families of Ohio. Somewhere we connect.
A lot of the queries I have come across say they are Shawnee. And from doing research on the net, and history, the Blackfoot (except the Saponi and western Blackfoot) and Shawnee connect.
Forgive me if I am wrong, but when Tecumseh wanted to go into battle, he tried to take as many of the tribe as he could, but Black Hoof (I am not sure about Corn Stalk or Corn Planter? of the Shawnee) had a greater majority (since Tecumseh also had other tribes with him) Black Hoof wanted the people to change, because he knew their lives were changing, with the Europenas moving in. The people had for some reason called them selves Blackfoot.
Thus, the name Blackfoot. But not to forget the Saponi of the east, Blackfoot,respectivly. Some of them too had moved into the west.
I would like to find extended family. It has always been important to me. And somewhere they are out there.
I also knew that somewhere was a picture of my 3rd great grandmother, Rebecca, and I now have her picture. She is an older lady, but you can see she was Indian.
I look forward talking to anyone. And hopefully, we can put families and information together.
Thank you.

Anna Bell Wigfield HARVEY born Pennsylvania

Posted: 7 May 2009 7:53PM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2009 5:39AM GMT
Surnames: Bartholow, Wigfield, Pennell
Hello!

Here's my family story - My Great Grandmother, Anna Bell Wigfield Harvey, was supposedly born in a Native American settlement near Six Mile Run in Pennsylvania. I have no record of her father's name other than the story that it meant "Morning Star." Her mother was Jane Bartholow Wigfield Penell.
According to family she has been identified as Shawnee, Cherokee, and Blackfoot.
I have searched and searched and can't find out anything about her origins.
Does any of this sound familiar?

I would be eternally grateful if anybody can help me here.

Re: Rebecca Morningstar

Posted: 7 May 2009 10:09PM GMT
Hi!
Please email me at keewest@att.net. I would love to get more info from you!
Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic