Search for content in message boards

SMITHS IN OHIO

SMITHS IN OHIO

Posted: 11 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Sep 2005 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: SMITH, WILSON
SMITH,John m WILSON,Olive in Franklin County,OHIO in 1813. Son SMITH, Joseph Wilson and Grandson SMITH, Joseph Wilton were all in the Columbus area. Any information would be appreciated.

Ohio Smiths

Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Sep 2001 4:02PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Doud
Margaret Mary Smith, daughter of A..Smith and mother, Barbara? born November 1853 in Ohio, and married Brenton Doud June 13, 1869 in Miami Co . In.

I'm looking for her birth place and location of parents in Ohio. Anything. Thanks all you tree climbers
Barbara

Smith and Foster of Clermont, Ohio

P.Dixon (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Foster, Price, Osborn, Zook
Isaac Smith(born 1825 married Rachel Foster born 1830, dau. of Francis Foster and Rachel Schmidt of Clermont Co. Ohio. Isaac and Rachel married in Clermont Co. died in Gallatin Co. Ill. Need info. on Isaac Smith's and Francis Foster's parents. Price, Osborn, and Zook were possibly sons-in-laws of Francis Foster.

Re: SMITHS IN OHIO

Posted: 3 Sep 2001 3:38AM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Wilson
There is a chance that we may have a connection.

I have Uriah W Smith (W, possibly Wilson), b May 19, 1847, OH or PA. Living in Fulton Co IN by 1860's. Married Harriet M Richardson.

Named firstborn son Wilson Smith, another son John Riley Smith (Riley from Harriet's side), and dau Mariah. Child Milton died shortly after birth.

John Riley Smith named my grandfather Orville Wilson Smith.

I have been looking for Uriah's parents for a long, long time and coming up with nothing. The time frame you cite could easily make John Smith who married Olive Wilson, his parents.

Given the way that Wilson was passed down to Uriah's descendents, I feel it must have signifigance. I also have Harriet Richardson's line quite a ways back, and there were no Wilson's as either a first or last name.

Do you have any further information on these Smith's or Wilson's?

I have more on the descendants of Uriah W Smith, but nothing before.

Melanie Rice

Re: SMITHS IN OHIO

Posted: 5 Sep 2001 4:29AM GMT
Edited: 7 Dec 2001 5:38AM GMT
Surnames: Smith
What was the birth date of your John Smith and did he have a connection with the VanAusdall family in Butler County, Ohio?

Thank you,
Lisa
lgc37@ipa.net

Re: Smith and Foster of Clermont, Ohio

Posted: 28 Oct 2008 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: Smith
looking for Joseph W. Smith born 1824 in Warren or Clermont Co., Ohio. married Sarah Binkley in 1848, Clermont Co., Ohio, died in Deepwater, Henry Co., MO.
I do not know his parents???
Judy

Re: Smith and Foster of Clermont, Ohio

Posted: 31 Oct 2008 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Binkley
Like you I have Joseph W. Smith from Clermont Co., but do not have his parents or sibs. Joseph was born 19 April 1924 in either Warren Co., or Clermont Co., Ohio. Married Sarah Binkley in Clermont in 1848 and moved to Darke Co., by 1857>Deepwater, Henry Co., MO in 1870. Died there in 1877.
Would love any help.
Judy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions