Search for content in message boards

Daniels & Rodd families

Daniels & Rodd families

Posted: 4 Jun 2003 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Mar 2004 4:46AM GMT
My Grandmother is Helen Katherine Daniels. Her father was Edward Daniels and Mary Emma Rodd. She was born in Orwell. I would like to connect with these families to gather information. Gram is not very forthcoming with information.

Thanks.

Re: Daniels & Rodd families

Posted: 1 Jul 2003 12:36AM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2005 1:20AM GMT
Saw your note on the Rodd and Daniels familes. My wifes mother was a Rodd (Whitehall). We were just up in Orwell (twice) this past week looking at cemeteries, and then to Shoreham. I have Thomas, George, Helen,Earnest and John in the list. my wife is the grandniece of Mary Emma (Rodd) Damiels.
Write back if you'd like more information.

Ray

Posted: 19 Jul 2003 3:09PM GMT
Surnames: Rodd, Daniels, Whitely
My Grandmother is Helen Katherine Daniels. She was born in 1914 and is still alive and in Baldwinsville, NY. She "claims" to know little about her family, so I would be very interested in anything on her families. I believe Gram was married before she married my grandfather, Henry G. Whitely, unfortunately, I haven't gotten up the nerve to ask her about it yet.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Shannon Whitely Otts

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 3:56PM GMT
The John you have would his middle name be Henry, My gggrandfather name was John Henry Rodd and LIVED in Chicopee Falls, Mass. His father lived in Whitehall NY. his name was Joseph brother to Salmon Rodd. If any of this sounds familiar please e-mail at qmbarnes@snet.net thank you Karen Rodd-Barnes

Ray (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2003 1:04AM GMT
Surnames: Rodd
I think I'm getting my messages crossed here. I went to your message and I think I'm talking to 2 different people.
There are a few John Henry Rodds. The one you have at Chicopee Falls, John Henry Rodd, was married to Addie Buel, and I also have him being married to Malvina Martel. According to somewhat questionable Rodd records (someone added information in the Whitehall genealogy records) John Henry and Malvina had Edward, Josephine, Emma, Rosie, Theodore and Henry. I don't have any children by Addie Buel.
Joseph married Charlotte and the one child I have was Marie Rodd (1858). Adolphus married Frances and had Helen (1854). Helen Rodd married Peter Manell.
We'd have to coordinate one family by one family, and compare the census' on the family, but would appreicate any input you can provide. According to records, there were three John Henry Rodds, but I believe there was only one.

Ray

karen (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2003 1:53PM GMT
Surnames: Rodd, Martel, Tetreault,
Hi Ray,

My John Henry Rodd I have was married to malvina Martel and they had 8 children together the names you mention. My great grandfather Leo. Leo had three sons with his first wife Aurora Tetreault the sons names were Leo Joseph, Henry Theradore and Wilfred who passed away 2 years ago in Springfield, Mass. Back to John Henry and his wife Malvina are buried in Chicopee Falls, Mass. at St. Rosa Lima alot of the head stones are in french. I went to the cememtery 2 years ago and got a picture of John and Malvina huge head stone. So John Henry was married twice? Also John Henry was born in Whitehall, New York i thought the year was 1849 and Malvina was 1851. From what I understand she was born in Canada. Well if this helps please let me know sincelery Karen Rodd-Barnes

karen (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2003 2:00PM GMT
Ray, I just thought of something I remember reading that Pierre Solmon Rodd and Joseph Rodd both had a son named John Henry. I think Pierre son John was older than Joseph son John Henry. I have some papers around here somewhere, but it's been a couple of years i have been doing the research. I also went to Whitehall a couple of times to do research. By the way how are you related to the Rodd family? Please keep in touch sincerly Karen Rodd-Barnes

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 2:37AM GMT
Hi Ray,

Please send the info you have on Mary Emma Rodd's family and anything pertaining to my Grandmother, Helen Katherine Daniels.

Thanks,

Shannon

karen rodd-barnes (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2003 3:36PM GMT
Hi Shannon,

I know I have Daniels in my family line. One of the Rodds married ,but I can't remember which one off the top of my head. Also Mary Emma were her parents John Henry Rodd and Malvina Martel ? Please e-mail if this sounds familiar. Thanks Karen

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 11:14PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2005 1:20AM GMT
Surnames: Rodd
Edward Daniels (1868 - bef, 1935) married Mary Emma Rodd (Mar 10, 1878 - 29 dec 1935) in Whitehall in 1895. Children were Thomas E. (abt 1896), George E (1900), Helen Katherine (1904), Earnest (1906), and John (1907).
Marie (Mary) Rodd, daughter of Jean Baptiste Rodd and Hortense Miraud, was born on March 13, 1878. She was baptized at Notre Dame des Victoires Catholic Church on Mar 27, 1878, godparent being Marie Comtois.

According to the State of Vermont death certificate, Mary Emma (Rodd) Daniels died in Addison County, township of Orwell, Vermont. She was widowed, was born on March 10, 1878, and age at death listed as 57 years, 9 months, 19 days. She was a housewife, owned her own home, and listed her occupation as housewife for 40 years. Birthplace listed was Whitehall, New York, fathers name was John J. Rodd (incorrect, it was John B.) and someone penciled in maiden name of mother as Hortense Mayrand, birthplace, Quebec, Canada. Informant was Thomas Daniels (her first born son) of Orwell, Vermont. She was buried at Mountain View Cemetery on December 31, 1935. According to the death certificate she was under doctors care for "chronic arthritis" from 1932, and died of this disease on December 29, 1935.

According to family sources, she moved to Orwell, Vermont with her new husband when they married when she was 17 years old.

Ray
per page

Find a board about a specific topic