Search for content in message boards

Kloida Honzik O'Riley Rebachek

Kloida Honzik O'Riley Rebachek

Tara Battaglia (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kloida, Honzik, O'Riley, Rebachek
I am trying to get as much information as possible on these family names. Matches to Honzik,Rebachek,O'Riley, would open up a huge branch of my family tree. These families are of Bohemian descent (O'Riley -Irish)and settled in the manitowoc county area. I have some info on the Kloida name, and am willing to share any info I have. Thankyou!

Honzik surname

Duane C. Weaver (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Honzik
Manitowoc Co.-Honzik
My mother's maiden name was Honzik. Her parents Fred and Mabel(Novotny). Resided in Langlade County,Wi.
Posted: 31 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2001 3:32AM GMT
Surnames: Honzik
Mary Honzik was my GGrandmother. She was born in Gibson Township, Manitowoc County WI on Jan. 8, 1893. Her parents were Wenzel Honzik and Magdalena Eckert. Her gradparents were Anton and Anne Honzik

Her siblings were Emma, Julia, Rose, Anton J., George, Wenzel J., and a child who died before 1900. George and Wenzel were twins. I have birth dates for most of these children, born between 1883-1899.

The family immigrated to America in Sept. 1873

Is there any connection?

Hurrray!

Tara (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kloida, Honzik, O'Riley, Rebachek
<I am so excited to get a reply from someone!.......YES! I think we do have a connection! My Grandfathers mother was Julia Honzik....I guess she would be my G.Grandmother. She married Emil Kloida right around the turn of the century......And I do believe she was from Manitowoc County. From what I know of her, she was Bohemian, and quite tall. I do have just a couple of pictures that show her a distance. Emil and Julia also had a child that died at a young age, about 9yrs....of juvenile diabetes. He is buried at the same cemetery as his grandparents Frank and Mary Kloida.
Hope this is a connection!>

Honzik Family

Posted: 19 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Honzik, Chaloupka
Tara,

I hope we do have a family connection.
I have many pictures of the Honzik family in my possession.
And am very interested in identifying them.

According to my records,
Julia was born about March 1885
I have that she married Emanuel Kloida on June 25, 1907

I do not have any information on their children.
Any information would be appreciated.

Honzik Family

Surnames: Honzik, Kunz, Chaloupka
Duane,
Frank Kunz, Jr. was one of my great grandfather's best buddies. My grandfather William Chaloupka, married Mary Honzik, Rose's sister. William (Bill) and Frank used to hang out at Fischerville Tavern together.

Erwin, Frank's son, stood up for my grandfather's wedding.
Any further information you have about Frank and Frank's family would be appreciated.

Also, in my family tree, I have Grace Chaloupka, who married George Kunz. I have suspicion that George is connected to the same Kunz family, because they all lived in the same general area. If you have any information on George, please let me know.

Edited: 23 Jul 2001 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: Honzik, Kunz
I believe the Rose Honzik you mentioned in your message was married to my grandmother's brother Frank Kunz Jr. Following is the information I have on Rose Honzik:
Born: 22Jan1886, Town of Gibson, Manitowoc County
Died: 28Feb1960, Holy Family Hospital, Manitowoc, WI
Buried: 2Mar1960, Holy Cross Cemetery, Mishicot, WI
Married: 19Oct1909 to Frank Kunz, Jr.
I hope this information helps in your search.

It's a Match!

Tara (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Honzik, Kloida
Hello Gene!

I guess we must be third cousins? Because Emanuel (Emil to the family)is my Great Grandfather! After recieving your post I did do a search on rural mail delivery routes and found that the Kloida's and the Honziks lived on the same route as each other. I thought it must be a match, and you just confirmed it!
I am visiting my parents tommorrow and will try to get accurate information on their children, (at the moment I am failing to remember all the names).I will be very happy to share that information with you..... I am also excited to hear you have pictures as I have only a few of my great grandparents, and none of anyone farther back.
Thank you so much for contacting me, and will post again tommorow when I get back from my parents house.

kunz

Tara (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: kloida, Honzik, Kunz
I have to tell you that I also have Kunz relatives on my grandmothers side (Emma Jean O'Riley(my grandmother)- married Francis Kloida, the son of Emil Kloida and Julia Honzik). I believe that Emma Jeans mothers maiden name was Kunz. I wonder if there is a connection?

Re: Kunz / Kloida

Posted: 2 Jul 2001 8:43PM GMT
Surnames: Kunz Kloida
I also have some Kunz/Kloida relatives and I 'm hoping that if I give you some of the info I have, you can confirm that we've got 'intertwining trees'.

I am a descendant of the following couples on two branches of my family. Both appear to be related to the branches you refer to:

--> Jacob Kunz & Louise Kupper
I don't know much about the Kunz family, so any information that may link Jacob to your tree would be greatly appreciated. Jacob Kunz (1858 - 1914) m Louise Kupper (1864 - 1911) and lived in Langlade County. Had 7 children- August, Emma, John, William, Anna, Mary, Emilie.

--> Jacob Kloida (1862 - 1942) & Bibiana Legro (1866-1939)
Jacob & Bibiana had 11 children, including Frank (1885 - 1965). This Frank is buried in Stengl Cemetery, Antigo, WI
as is Jacob's mother (Mary 1825 - 1911) Jacob also had siblings - two of which I know are Frank(1858-1948) & Joseph(1862 - 1942).
Brother Frank married a 'Mary' and are buried in Tisch Mills Cemetery in Mishicot. (is this the 'grandparents of Emil and Julia's 9-year old baby?)
Brother Joseph married Dora Tomadel and had 8 children - including a 'Frank' as well.

If this information is a match for your family, please let me know and send a gedcom file so that I can match to my information. I also do have articles (obits) from family members, thanks to my g-grandmother and her scrapbook.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic