Search for content in message boards

Solum

Solum

Steven Solum (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Solum, Bjaaland, Hansdatter
My Grandfather(Welby R. Solum) was born in Iola, Waupaca, Wisconsin as was Great Grandfather(Carl Johan Solum). My Great Grandparents(Ole Oleson Solum and his wife Betsy Olava Bjaaland) are buried there as are my GGGrandparents
(Hans olsen Bjaaland and his wife Anne Olsdatter Haugen) and (Ole Oleson(Old Ole)Solum--born:24 Jan 1816 died:06 Nov 1902 and possibly his wife Anne Sophie Hansdatter). My GGGrandparents(John Daniel Sampson Jones and his wife Emma Fox) also died there as did my GGGGrandmother Elizabeth Tombleson.

Solum's of Iola

Donna Walling (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Solum, lystul, Baajland, Gromstul, etc
Hello Steve

I am Donna Walling, daughter of Art Potts, son of Bessie Solum, daughter of Harris and Betsy Listul Solum, son of Ole O. Solum. Carl's father also. Howdi Cousin. Contact me privately if you wish.
donna potts walling
rwalling@greatnorthern.net
Posted: 19 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2002 9:57PM GMT
Hi, Steve,

My name is Lee Zeitelhack and we are distant Solum cousins. Like you and Donna Potts Walling, I descend from Ole Olsen Solum. I have quite a lot of family information that I would be glad to share with you. I've had some good results filling in some blanks through my research in Norwegian records in the past year or so.

Re: Solum

Steven Solum (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2001 9:12PM GMT
I have a new E-mail address--it is dwssjs01@att.net. Steve

Re: Solum's of Iola

Posted: 16 Jan 2005 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: Listul
My former husband was Richard J. Solom, son of Herman Solom, son of Olie Solom and Amanda Listul Solom of Iola, WI. My daughter Andrea Solom Vollin is looking for her ancestors in Iola. Amanda Solom was one of thirteen children. Her husband, Olie Solom had several brothers who left Wisconsin and went to Idaho and other places. they changed the spelling of their names from Solum to Solom. The Listul's homesteaded a place in Iola starting 1839. We will try to reach you by e-mail also. I hope there is a relationship as I am certain Andrea's father would be happy to hear from you.
Posted: 16 Jan 2005 4:37AM GMT
Surnames: Solum
My former husband, Richard J. Solom (Solum) was the grandson of Ole Solum and Amanda Listul Solom who is from Iola, Wisconsin. They had three children Herman, Irene, and I think another daughter who moved back to either Sweden or Norway. Ole had several brothers who moved west to Idaho and other places. My daughter Andrea Solom Vollin would like to hear from you at vollinwest@sbcglobal.net. I am certain her father would like to know if you are related.
Posted: 16 Jan 2005 4:45AM GMT
Surnames: Listul/Solum
My former husband is Richard Solom (Solum) son of Herman Solom, son of Ole Solum and Amanda Listul Solum of Iola, Wi. Richard grew up in Lake Tomahawk, WI. His mother was a Thora Molburg of Waukegan, Il. Amanda had three children, Irene, Herman, and another daughter. The Listuls homesteaded a place in Iola starting 1839 and werethere over 100 years. Please contact Andrea Solom Vollin at vollinwest@sbcglobal.net. I am certain her father would be interested in your informantion.
Posted: 17 Jan 2005 2:04AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2005 7:56AM GMT
Surnames: Listul
I am also a descendent of Ole Oleson Solom born 1869 in Milwaukee, WI. My father is is grandson, Richard, who was raised in Lake Tomahawk, Wi. Please contact me at vollinwest@sbcglobal.net. My GGrandmother was Amanda Listul Solom
Posted: 17 Jan 2005 2:11AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2005 7:56AM GMT
Surnames: Solum/Listul
Steven: I am a descendent of Ole Oleson Solum also. My grandfather Ole was born in Milwaukee, WI and married a Hannah Listul who had one son James and passed away. Then he married her sister Amanda, my GGrandmother. They had three children, Irene, Patsy, Herman and he was my grandfather. My father was Richard Solom who lived in Lake Tomahawk, WI. Please contact me at vollinwest@sbcglobal.net
Posted: 21 Apr 2006 1:21PM GMT
Hi Steve. My name is Tracy Lyon. I am also a descendant of Ole and Betsy O. Solum. Their son, Orin Benjamin Solum, is my great grandfather. Orin and Carl Johan were brothers.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions