Search for content in message boards

Pasene

Posted: 30 May 2005 3:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jun 2005 12:01PM GMT
I would like further information regarding the family name Pasene of Faleasiu in Upolu going back 1930's

Re: Pasene

manaia (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2005 1:07PM GMT
Talofa -

Per Familysearch International Genealogical Index/Southwest Pacific, you'd have a better chance of locating PASENE as a forename on Faleasiu, Upolu.

Do you have a specific name you're trying to locate?

Manuia, Soifua,
--manaia
__
==

Posted: 1 Jun 2005 1:29AM GMT
I am not looking for a specific person as I don't have any first names as yet, I am yet to confirm with parents etc.
What I am very interested in, is where the name Pasene originated from and any history to the name Pasene. According to other siblings our family name of Pasene goes back maybe two or three generations and also comes with some history.

Thank you Faapaia

manaia (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2005 8:24PM GMT
Talofa Faapaia -

International Genealogical Index / Southwest Pacific - 3

Mataina Pasene Siuniu Upolu, Samoa, Pacific Islands
Mata'ina Pasene: Samoa, Pacific Islands
To'oala Pasene: Lealatele, Savai'I Island, Samoa, Pacific Islands
__

You have more info as anyone from the Island--your info is direct from the PASENE descendants/family/aiga.

You might try PASENE from Niue, that may be where all originated.

Manuia, Soifua,
--manaia
__
==

Posted: 5 Jun 2005 8:32PM GMT
Faapaia -

You might try and contact:

looking for any Tuipoloa family in New Zealand(Avao Savaii)
Author: "Amanda" <mandytui@hotmail.com>
Date: 07 Nov 2001

Talofa lava. Im looking for any family member of Tuipoloa Pasene or any Tuipoloa relatives from village of Avao. Poloa Pasene is my grandfather but he passed away when I was young so I just want to know more abou...
__

HTH
--manaia
__
==

Posted: 6 Jun 2005 4:43AM GMT
Yes I do have names:

my Great Grandparents were Motu and Siata, Matai name Motu, Grandparents were Faaota'ota Pasene and Laina Ah Chong. I mother has no idea how or where the Pasene name came from. So information as to where the any of these names come from.

Thank you Faapaia

Posted: 6 Jun 2005 4:50AM GMT
Hi Amanda

The Poloa name is not familiar, though how old was he so I am able to determine how far he would be up the family tree way. I will enquiry with my family and see if the name is familiar.

Faapaia

manaia (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2005 4:26PM GMT
Surnames: AH CHONG, FAAOTAOTA, MOTU, PASENE, SEVAO
Talofa -

"Great Grandparents were Motu and Siata" --Faapaia

Faaota'ota Pasene? Is the "true" surname: PASENE? Or FAAOTAOTA? Do you know Siata's maiden surname? Is MOTU a title brought with Siata to the marriage? Or do you know the history of family matai titles of MOTU? PASENE?
__

Per IGI, Fa'aotaota MOTU m. 1942? Laina AH CHONG. Her parents: Ah Chong AH CHONG[China] and Selaina
SEVAO m.1917? It seems as though Laina was named for her mother--or could someone have shortened Selaina?
__

I encourage you to verify ALL data/records with the originals.

Good Hunting, Soifua,
--manaia
__
==

Posted: 7 Jun 2005 12:52AM GMT
Talofa

My mother saids that Sauvao was the matai name and was given to Motu, not sure as to Siata's maiden name but will check with family.

My mothers father's name is Faaota'ota and their surname is Pasene. I do not know the history of the matai titles Motu, as for Pasene it does not seem to have been referred to as a matai title at present no one in my mothers family have received a matai.

Thank you Faapaia

Posted: 22 Oct 2005 11:40AM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2005 9:39AM GMT
Talofa

My name is Sina Davis, first cousin to your mother. I am Steve's younger sister. I have recently returned from Samoa and have been back to our village in Faleasiu.

I had the opportunity to visit your grandfathers homestead, and pay respects to all of our loved ones that have passed on, including your grandfather.

I met cousin Sauvao who lives in Faleasiu, aged 60 plus and he has alot of history to tell, but unfortuantely I didn't get the opportunity to spend as much time as I would of liked to. I plan to return next year, and start organising a family reunion as I have since found out from cousin Sauvao, there's a big mob of us out there.

I remember you when you were little, and Steve has told me about your passion to find out more about our ancestors, I admire you and hope that we can meet again one day.

I will keep in touch, tell your Mum I send my love

Sina

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions