Search for content in message boards

Gilford Duggan family

Gilford Duggan family

Larry Duggan (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2000 9:29AM GMT
I'm looking for the son or daughter of Gilford Duggan. He lived in Okla.Sons name was Gip and Daughter was Sharon. He was born in 1914 died in 1974.He had two brothers James and Wayne two sisters Gladis and Crick

Guilford Cannon Duggan

Posted: 8 Sep 2000 9:20AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2002 2:47AM GMT
I have a Guilford Cannon Duggan who was my great Great grandfathers brother who was born in Tenn, Monroe Co. in 1839 married a Malinda Emma Blackburn in 1865 have no other information thought it might be your relative Guilford Gilford are uncommon.
Wayne Duggan

duggan

Robin McCormick (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2000 10:22PM GMT
I have a Gilford Duggan in our family he is my ggranfather and also a Henry Wayne Duggan or Wayne Henry Duggan Who is a brother to my grandfather(James). Uncle Wayne moved away,I think he lives in Texas, New Mexico,or Georgia when he died. let me know if any names are from your family.I am having a very hard time looking for the Duggan side of my family Thanks Robin

Gilford Duggan

Michael D.Duggan (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2000 5:48PM GMT
I knew a Gilford Duggan who was a State Trooper in Oklahoma, He died in the middle 70's. He lived east of Oklahoma City. Originally he was from the Kingfisher,Ok area and was a Cousin.

Duggan

Posted: 9 Dec 2000 8:02AM GMT
Did your Gilford Duggan always live in oklahoma or when he turned of age did he move there?The one I have was born in SAline co Arkansas Dec 26,1914 died Oct 18,1974 and is buried in harrah Ok, Memory Lane Cemetary.He went to the university of Ok and play football there and was a state tropper.Gilford is my Great Uncle. any help would be greatly appreciaited. Robin

Gilford Duggan

Robin (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2000 4:52PM GMT
Your information is correct. Gilford was my 3rd Cousin as I understand it. His Family oringinally came from Kingfisher,Oklahoma which is northwest of Oklahoma City. When I started on the Oklahoma Highway I was stationed in Harrah and knew Gilford,his nickname was Catus Face Duggan and he had quite a reputation on the Highway Patrol. I had the pleasure to know him and visit with him on several occasions, He was a wonderful person.

Gilford Duggan

Posted: 9 Dec 2000 8:16PM GMT
You are 3 cousin to Gilford and I am his great niece,I envy you of knowing him. I am researching the family tree. Gilford's father was Gilford H. Duggan from Monroe county Tn. I have alot of info on our family. I just have to get it togther. Finding Duggan relatives has been the hardest.Your relatives must have come from monroe county also.If you have any great recollections of gilford and have time to write them I would love to hear about him. Let me know who you desended from and I will keep a look out for your direct Duggan line. Thank you Robin

Gilford Duggan

Robin (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2000 4:01PM GMT
I was told that Gilford was my 3rd Cousin along time ago although I never really attemped to verify the information. During the time that I knew Gilford we never really talked about ancestry. I am lead to believe that he was related to the Duggan Clan that eventually settled in Kingfisher,Ok around the late 1800,s. They moved to Oklahoma from Iowa. I am decended from James W. Duggan and Delila (Maryfield) Duggan. James came over from Ireland and Delila came from Scotland; have been unable to find out if they married in the US. James and Delila were my GGGGrandparents, they had 13 Children, their 3rd Child was my GGGrandfather Thomas Calvin, his son my GGGrandfather was Albert Ambrose,his son John Calvin was my Grandfather and his son my Father was Albert Clarance Duggan,his son (me) Mike. Gilford retired from the Highway Patrol and ran his construction company which he built over the years. Gilford during the first four years on the patrol played professional football 6months and Patroled 6months out of the years. He had some very strong political friends from his OU days and was allowed to do this. He always said that he had to work 24 years to get a 20 years retirement. He was very personable individual that most everybody liked.

Gilford Duggan

Robin McCormidk (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2000 7:20PM GMT
Thank you!!! I appreciate you telling me something of my Great Uncle. all I know is he was born in Saline County Dec.16, 1914. Gilford was the last child out of 5 born to Gilford Henry Harrison Duggan of Monroe county Tennessee and Lydia Bridges Duggan, Lydia and Gilford were married in Saline couty Arkansas and I know for sure that Lydia is buried there, Out of all the children only Aunt Gladys stayed in Benton with them. My grandfather moved to Tennessee to work at Oak Ridge during the Manhattan Project then moved to Louisville Ky, were he worked at Smith Transfer til he died.Gilford must have moved away to go to college and never went back to live in Benton. He(Gilford) a year after my grandfather Oct.1974 and My grandfather 1973 Thanks again Robin

Re: Gilford Duggan

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 12:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Duggan
I know these posts are from a while ago, if anyone is still looking into the family of Gilford Duggan (Cactus Face), his son Gip Duggan is my step-father. I don't know too much about the family history but would be happy to help try and track down any information.

Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic