Search for content in message boards

Lucile and/or Donald Ganoe

Lucile and/or Donald Ganoe

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 7:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ganoe
I collect antique photo albums and sometimes they still have photos inside....if they do i try and contact any family member i can so i can return them....

I just recieved an album with a few pictures of Lucile Ganoe....born between 1900-1910 i think and Donald ganoe....born around the same time. Any information on these two would be great! Thanks!

Re: Lucile and/or Donald Ganoe

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 7:39PM GMT
Any ideas on where these Ganoes were located? The ones that I am related to are located in PA.
Thanks

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 8:17PM GMT
All of the photos are from iowa...except one which is from Minnesota. There are mentions of Kendrick Baptist Church and a Frank Wright

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 10:31PM GMT
Surnames: GANOE
I have contacted a member of this family who will no doubt be getting in touch with you. Yes, the family is from Iowa - Greene County. The Kendrick Baptist Church was in Kendrick Twp. in NW Greene County.

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 3:24AM GMT
can you tell me how they will be getting in touch with me? Thank you for your help!

Posted: 18 Jul 2008 9:57PM GMT
Surnames: Ganoe, Larentzen, Wright, Walker, Marangi
Lucille Naomi Ganoe (daughter of Fred Ganoe and Margaret Frances Lorentzen) - born October 17, 1904 in Kendrick Township. Greene County, iowa, and died December 8, 1987 in Kendrick Twnship. She married (1) Frank Wright, Dec. 2, 1939, in Rockport Missouri. He was born Feb. 9, 1896 in Churdan Iowa, and died June 10, 1969 in Jefferson, Iowa. She married(2) Bert L. Walker Aug. 3, 1978 in Scranton, Iowa. He was born Mar. 31, 1905 in Lexington, IL and died Apr. 11, 1983 in Greene County, Iowa. Donald Franklin Ganoe (son of Fred and Margaret) was born Feb. 20, 1907 in Kendrick Twnship, Greene County, Iowa, and died Feb. 22, 1979 in San Diego, CA. He married Marion Lund June 27, 1942 in Chicago. She was born June 6, 1919. They attended the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. Obituary --He had made his home in San Diego for 25 years and was a realtor for Century 21 for the past 16 years,. Surviviors include his wife Marion of San Diego; a son, Donald of Coronado CA; and a daughter, Marian Leone Marangi of Pomona Ca; and a sister, Lucille Walker of Scranton, IA. Unfortunarely I have been away from genealogy for a few years and do not have any information on the children of Lucille and Donald. Their father was my father's half-brother.

Posted: 19 Jul 2008 12:06PM GMT
wow, thank you for all the great info....and yes these are the correct ganoes....i was going to use Luciles middle name as a refrence and it is Naomi!! Maybe i'll try to contact donalds two children listed in the obituary??

Posted: 30 Sep 2008 11:40PM GMT
I accidently ran across your web site and I saw my name. I am the daughter of Donald Ganoe and I live in Nipomo CA. How did you happen to receive the photo album and yes my mother, brother and I would love to have the pictures of our family. How would I go about doing that?

Posted: 2 Oct 2008 4:05PM GMT
Sorry but It's been a long time sence I have done anything with this site that i'm not sure who you are or where you fit in With Dorthory Ganoe Danielson Who was My mother. As far a Pictures I have Pictures of Dorthory only. Let me know how this all fits together and I will be glad to help if I can. Laura

Posted: 2 Oct 2008 4:06PM GMT
we have already found the owner of these photos
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions