Search for content in message boards

Inman Family in Tennessee

Inman Family in Tennessee

Posted: 20 Jan 2000 5:43PM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2003 6:18PM GMT
My Great-Grandfather's name was Davis Inman. He died in 1894 in Robertson County, TN., he died when my Granfather (Wiley B.Inman) was only 2 yrs. old. His wife's name was Elizabeth Farmer and they lived on her father (John Farmer)'s farm near Cedar Hill, TN. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION and will gladly share what limited information that I have.

Inmans in TN/KY

Posted: 1 Feb 2000 12:52AM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2003 5:03AM GMT
I don't have information on your Inmans but my Inmans are also from the area you mentioned. Any of these sound familiar?:
Descendants of Henry D. Inman

Generation No. 1

1. HENRY D.1 INMAN was born in Virginia, and died 1827. He married (1) UNKNOWN. He married (2) DOROTHY HENRY STEMMONS October 1825, daughter of JACOB STEMMONS and NANCY STOVALL.

Children of HENRY INMAN and UNKNOWN are:
2. i. MORINA DAWSON2 INMAN, b. August 22, 1823, Kentucky; d. August 28, 1883.
ii. ISHAM J. INMAN, d. Bef. 1865; m. MARY.
iii. LINEAS G. INMAN.
iv. BELVINIA INMAN, m. SHELBY R. RUTHERFORD.

Children of HENRY INMAN and DOROTHY STEMMONS are:
v. FELIX G.2 INMAN, b. September 21, 1826; d. May 08, 1867.
vi. REBECCA H. INMAN.

Generation No. 2

2. MORINA DAWSON2 INMAN (HENRY D.1) was born August 22, 1823 in Kentucky, and died August 28, 1883. She married ISAAC NEWTON LEWIS May 16, 1839 in Logan County, Kentucky, son of ISAAC LEWIS and ELIZABETH STEMMONS.

Children of MORINA INMAN and ISAAC LEWIS are:
3. i. HARRIET VIRGINIA3 LEWIS, b. March 27, 1840, Kentucky.
ii. LAURENDA LEWIS, b. Abt. 1842.
iii. NEWTON LEWIS, b. Abt. 1847.

Sheila

Inmans in TN

Sandi Brawley (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2000 11:42AM GMT
My GGGrandmother was Julia Anne Amanda Inman married to Neil T. Brawley 10/1843 in Knoxville, TN. Any relation or info about her family?

Inman

Jim Williams (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2000 9:41PM GMT
Sheila,

Do you have more on this Line?

Contact me, please.

inman@surnameweb.org

TN Inmans

Posted: 2 Mar 2000 9:43PM GMT
Todd,

I have them in my database.

Visit and then send me what you have for cross-checking.

Jim

http://inman.surnameweb.org/

Henry D. Inman

Posted: 4 Mar 2000 8:30AM GMT
Sheila,

Write me again about this Henry Inman. I think I know which one he is, but need more input from you.

JIM

inman@surnameweb.org
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 5:34AM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2003 5:46AM GMT
I am looking for information on a John David Farmer who married twice 1st Virginia Bennett 2nd Elizabeth Demonbreun (Or m) Binkley (my Great Grandmother, Binkley/Knight side). He had a daughter named Annie Mae Farmer (my Great Grandmother, Farmer/Johnson side ). Any help would be appreciated.

Carolyn Goodwin

Lineage of Henry D. Inman

Tom Inman (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 8:39PM GMT
Sheila,

Dear Sheila,

It is highly likely that your Henry D. Inman is the son of Isham Inman who married Mary Gibbons on 8 September 1779. The first Personal Property and Land Tax Lists for the Commonwealth of Virginia are those for 1782; and Isham Inman appeared on the lists for Surry County for that year.

His will was dated 7 May 1785 and proved 25 July 1785. The will names his wife Mary, son Isham, daughter Sarah Dawson and an unborn child. The lands he possessed were devised to his son Isham and to the unborn child, if a son; to Isham if the unborn child should be a daughter.

Mary Inman, the widow of Isham Inman, made her will 1 October 1810 and it was proved 25 June 1811. The will named her daughters Sarah Brown, Elizabeth Hancock and Rebecca Wall; and sons HENRY D. INMAN and Isham Inman, the latter was named executor of the will.

HENRY D. INMAN married Rebecca Junkins 10 September 1808 which would be consistent with his birth being circa 1785(or soon after the proving of Isham Inman's will which mentioned an unborn child).

The fact that the name Isham J. Inman appears in your line is of note -- since the "J" could well be for Judkins being the maiden name of his mother. The fact name DAWSON also appears is of note -- Isham Inman's mother was Sarah DAWSON Inman (who would be HENRY D.INMAN's grandmother).

I would very much appreciate any documentary evidence of the line from Henry D. Inman. This line would be collateral kin to me and I have no information concerning it.

Thank you,
Tom Inman

Henry Inman

Posted: 26 Nov 2000 9:20PM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2003 5:03AM GMT
Here is the information I have on Henry Inman:
Name: Henry D. INMAN 1
Sex: M
Birth: in Virginia
Death: 1827
Death: in Logan County, Kentucky
Event: Fact1 From "Obituaries from Early TN Newspapers",
pg. 193: Inman, Henry D. Died in Logan
County, KY (National Banner Nashville
Whig--Sat, May 12, 1827)
Note:

From Abstracts of Wills and Settlements Logan County Kentucky 1838-1856 by the Logan County Geneological Society:
Inman, Henry D., Equity box 51, case number 1269
In a petition by Inman's heirs to the court to permit sale of tract of land for division, the following are listed: Isham, Lineas G., and Felix G.
Inman, sons, Rebecca A. Inman, Morena D. Lewis, wife of Isaac N. Lewis, Belvinia Rutherford, wife of Shelby R. Rutherford, daughters
and Dorothy Inman, widow.
Filed 15 Oct 1839. Died interstate.

Marriage 1 UNKNOWN

Married: 2

Children

1. Morina Dawson INMAN b: 22 AUG 1823 in Kentucky
2. Isham J. INMAN
3. Lineas G. INMAN
4. Belvinia INMAN

Marriage 2 Dorothy Henry STEMMONS b: 1801 in Campbell, Virginia

Married: OCT 1825 1

Children

1. Felix G. INMAN b: 21 SEP 1826
2. Rebecca H. INMAN

Sources:

1.Title: The Stovall Family, Volume 1
Page: 179
2.Title: Logan County Kentucky Marriages 1790 to 1865
Page: 48
Text: Inman, Henry D. to Dorothy Stemmone, October ?, 1825,1-52

I have more information on this line as well.
check out:
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GETdb=sm...
Morina Inman was my 4th great grandmother. Not all of this information is
gauranteed to be correct but I have verified some of it myself.
Also, this is a very good inman webpage:
http://inman.surnameweb.org/index.html

I think familysearch.org also has some info on this line.

Where do you fit into this line?
My email is sheila_messer@yahoo.com if you'd like to contact me.

Sheila Messer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic