Search for content in message boards

George Miley d. 1803 in VA

George Miley d. 1803 in VA

Posted: 11 Dec 2000 8:11PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 4:14AM GMT
Searching for information on George Miley, b. abt. 1775 in Germany, including his parents and 3 brothers. In Martin's 1904 History of Noble County, Ohio, page 176, "The Miley family of Noble County, are of German, Scotch and Irish descent. George Miley, the progenitor of the Miley family, in this country, came from Germany with his father and three brothers and settled in Monongalia county, Va., which is now a part of West Virginia, on the border line between Pennsylvania and West Virginia. George Miley and one of his brothers remained with their father, and one brother settled in the western part of Ohio. George Miley married Miss Jane Moore; their children were: Abraham and John. Mr. Miley was killed at a raising about the year 1803. The sons were small at the time, one being five and the other but two years old. After six years of widowhood, the mother married George Rich, a native of Pennsylvania....."
George Jane Moore Miley Rich and Abraham John Miley settled in an area in Guernsey County, Ohio, which became part of Noble County in 1851.

Re: George Miley d. 1803 in VA

Carol (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2002 7:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Your George Miley was the family progenitor of YOUR family but certainly not all the Miley, Milley, Millay families in America.My Milley was born in Ireland in 1773. Came to America around 1800.

Re: George Miley d. 1803 in VA

Posted: 26 Aug 2010 1:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: George Miley
How exciting! My name is Ruth Miley Secrest, and the George Miley you are inquiring about is my direct ancestor, and I have been trying to get the same info. How do you know that George came here with parents and siblings?

If you wish to have info on more recent family, let me know.

Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic