Search for content in message boards

family tree

family tree

mary ellen (valdez/lobato) lucero (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 5:55PM GMT
I am trying to locate family history-can any help? My mother's maiden name was Valdez, Estefanita, born Sept 2, 1902 in Edith Colorado to the parents Meregildo Valdez and Cruizita Chavez Valdez. Meregildo was from Conejos, Colorado as was Cruizita. My father's name was Thomas Lobato born on Nov 14, 1894 in Lumberton , New Mexico. My mother's family were Phil Valdez, Leo Valdez, Pauline Archuleta (lived in Durango Colo but passed away in San Jose Ca.), Lucille lived somewhere in Colorado, Eufemia also lived in Durango, Josefina (tia Pepa)lived and died in Chama New Mexico and one other aunt, Genovive Miera (Durango, Colo).My aunt Geno has a son by the name of Horace Miera who last I heard lived in Bailey, Colorado, another by the name of Gilbert. would appreciate any information leading to the Valdez family tree--thanks from California.

Valdez???

Posted: 5 Oct 2000 8:50PM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2002 1:58AM GMT
I am also looking for any Valdez relatives. My fathers name is Estephan Valdez, he passed away in 1995. I never knew my grandfather because he had left around the time of my fathers birth in 1943. I do know that my dad was born in Trinidad Colorado to a Carrie Chiarez and Eddie Valdez. Do you think they could possibly be related? I also have relatives in Colorado with the last name of Miera, all in southern Colorado. I don't know if this is any info. that you might need or maybe you know about my family.
If so please respond.
Thank you, Brandy Valdez

Valdez???

Posted: 5 Oct 2000 8:51PM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2002 1:58AM GMT
I am also looking for any Valdez relatives. My fathers name is Estephan Valdez, he passed away in 1995. I never knew my grandfather because he had left around the time of my fathers birth in 1943. I do know that my dad was born in Trinidad Colorado to a Carrie Chiarez and Eddie Valdez. Do you think they could possibly be related? I also have relatives in Colorado with the last name of Miera, all in southern Colorado. I don't know if this is any info. that you might need or maybe you know about my family.
If so please respond.
Thank you, Brandy Valdez vbrandy79@yahoo.com

Re: family tree

Posted: 10 Aug 2009 2:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is Horace Miera but sad to say I am not able to help you with any information. But would like to see what you have I would be more than happy to pay you for this information. I have always wanted to know more about my moms side of the family.My first wife and i started to find out more but when her and I divorced she took it all with her. Now she says she lost it. My older brother Ubaldo and me are the only ones left. Gilbert and Margret passed away some time ago. Ubaldo lives in Layton Utah.He might be able to help you but he is in his 80s so I dont know how much he he can help you. Sorry it took so long to find you. I now live in Colorado Springs Colo.
Posted: 9 Nov 2009 8:13AM GMT
HELLO MY NAME IS ASHLEY MY FAMILY HAS TWO VALDEZ FROM TRINIDAD THAT LAST NAME IS VERY POPLAR THERE MY DAD HAS AN UNCLE NAMES EDDIE VALDEZ FROM TRINIDAD AND MY MOTHER IS A VALDEZ ALSO FROM TRINIDAD BUT NOT THE SAME FAMILY IF YOU EVER GO TO TRINDAD YOU CAN GO TO THE CATHLIC CHURCH THERE AND THEY HAVE ALL THE RECORDS OF MARRIAGES AND BIRTH AS WELL AS DEATHS I WILL LOOK AND SEE WHAT I CAN FIND FOR U

Meregildo Valdez & Cruizita Chavez (Estefanita Valdez )

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 12:27PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Valdez, Miera, Lobato and Archuleta
I have many relatives in New Mexico. My Grandmother Francisquita and all her family were of Chamita, New Mexico. My Dad Nestor Amadeo Valdez was of Farmington, New Mexico. Write out another family line, first with your dad and his family, his parents and his uncles, aunts. It will be so much easier to follow. It is important to know what County they were from when checking the Census.

Write to me if you wish at AngelNBarb@msn.com. I will help if I can. My name is Barbara

Pauline Archuleta was a Valdez before marriage?

To be able to help you better. I'll need to know who are the parents of the following: Lucille ? lived somewhere in Colorado, Eufemia ? also lived in Durango, Josefina (tia Pepa)? lived and died in Chama New Mexico and one other aunt, Genovive Miera (Durango, Colo. My aunt Geno has a son by the name of Horace Miera who last I heard lived in Bailey, Colorado, another by the name of Gilbert. would appreciate any information leading to the Valdez family tree--thanks from California.

Meregildo Valdez & Cruizita Chavez (Estefanita Valdez ) Census 1910

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 12:33PM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: Valdez
I'm surprised I found your family on the first lookup.

1910 United States Federal Census

Name: Estefanita Valdez
Age in 1910: 7
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1903
Birthplace: Colorado
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's Name: Marigildo
Father's Birth Place: Colorado
Mother's Name: Cruzita
Mother's Birth Place: Colorado
Home in 1910: Lumberton, Rio Arriba, New Mexico
Marital Status: Single
Race: White
Neighbors: Household Members: Name Age

Marigildo Valdez 45 (Spelling if not correct).
Cruzita Valdez 33

Nazario Valdez 14
Genoviva Valdez 10
Cruzito Valdez 8
Estefanita Valdez 7
Ofelia Valdez 6
Ramon Valdez 4
Eufemia Valdez 3
Felipe Valdez 1 2/12

Source Citation: Year: 1910; Census Place: Lumberton, Rio Arriba, New Mexico; Roll T624_916; Page: 6B; Enumeration District: 167; Image: 1164.

Source Information:

Ancestry.com. 1910 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006. For details on the contents of the film numbers, visit the following NARA web page: NARA Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Thirteenth Census of the United States, 1910. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1910. T624, 1,178 rolls.

Margaret M. Gutierrez, Ubaldo and Horace Miera

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 1:29PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Gutierrez, Miera, Archibeque
I have family Archibeque of Bloomfield, San Juan County, New Mexico.

Margaret M. Gutierrez

A funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. today at Sacred Heart Catholic Church for Margaret M. Gutierrez, who died Monday, March 12, 2001, in Durango. She was 81.

Father Joseph L. Gallegos C.R. will officiate. Burial will be at Crestview Cemetery.

A rosary was recited on Wednesday at Sacred Heart Catholic Church.

Mrs. Gutierrez was born April 28, 1919, in Lumberton, N.M. She married Juan B. Gutierrez in September 1933 at Edith, Colo.

Mrs. Gutierrez loved to can food and enjoyed walking, reading and music. She was a devoted member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church.

She was preceded in death by her husband, Juan B. Gutierrez, on Dec. 1, 1962.

Mrs. Gutierrez is survived by two sons, John and Gene Gutierrez, both of Durango; three daughters, Bess Gutierrez of Durango, Cecilia Archibeque of Bloomfield, N.M., and Mary Ann Webster of Farmington, N.M.; two brothers, Ubaldo Miera of Layton, Utah, and Horace Miera of Colorado Springs; 12 grandchildren; and numerous great-grandchildren.

Posted: 12 Mar 2011 5:10PM GMT
I am a Valdez and doing family history. Origins of New Mexico Families will help you. I also found a web site for Valdez. Do a search for Valdez on Genealogy.about.com. This may help you. My Family is Valdez/Lucero de Godoi (Father) and Espinosa/Chavez (Mother).
Take Care. Tom Valdez

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 9:37PM GMT
My name is Erika Atencio and I am the great grand daughter to Eufemia Mary Miera. I am looking for any information on the Miera side of our family.. Such as who were my great grandmothers parents? Do you know? I live in Ignacio, CO which is about 22 miles south of Durango, CO.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions