Search for content in message boards

Ohio Withams , from Maine

Ohio Withams , from Maine

Posted: 4 Oct 2000 8:51AM GMT
Edited: 27 Nov 2001 7:26PM GMT
Looking for information on Benjamin Witham whom I believe moved to Ohio from Maine. Benjamin Witham was my GGG gpa. Here is the info that I have:
Benjamin Witham: B. unknown
Wife: unknown
Children:
#1) George Wahington Witham b. 1831 Washington Co., Ohio
Married: Maria Tinkham 8 Apr, 1853-Nelsonville, Athens co., Ohio
2) Charlie Witham b. unk, d. unk
3) Jasper Witham- b. 3 March, 1838-Stackport, Morgan co., Ohio
married: Martha Ann Tinkham-19 May, 1859- in Chauncey, Athens co., Ohio
4) Mary Jane Witham b. ukn
married: John Morgaraige
5) Martha Permealia Witham b. ukn
married: Rufus Springer
George Washington Jasper Witham served in the Civil war in the Ohio infantry. The name Witham is also Withem. The family of George Witham changed the last name to Withem.
I am looking for info on Benjamin Witham and anything else that I may be able to find.

Witham's of Ohio

Posted: 12 Oct 2000 1:34PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2001 4:22PM GMT
Hello, I have a Benjamin, son of Jedediah and Mehitabel Swett Witham, who moved to Ohio with his mother and siblings, Elisha, Jonathan and Maria. Benjamin was married to 1st Ann Ogle, then Jane Wilson. I have very little information on him or his wife, children. I do have info on his mother and father. Elisha Witham was my 3rd g.grandfather. Laura Witham Owen, lowen@noble.cioe.com

Jonathon Witham

Darlene Whitbeck (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2000 3:17AM GMT
Was wondering what information you might have on Jonathon. As we have been looking for my husbands gg-grandfather Alexander his first name may have be John/Jonathan Witham. He would have been born about 1814 in Ohio.
Please contact me at glendar@libertybay.com

Thanks so much for your time and help.

Darlene Whitbeck

Ohio Withams

Albert Vernon Witham (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 3:23PM GMT
Laura: Going back: me, born Beloit, KS;Charles Melvin, Jr., born, Cawker City, KS; Charles Melvin, Sr.; Jonathan, Jr. (bur. W. of Beloit); Jonathan, Sr (Me and Ohio); Jedediah; Benjamin. Have been trying to break back through to England for many years, but no luck. Per word of mouth: family originated from Earl of Witham (maybe Cuthbert?) who was ousted by Geo III. Witham England and Witham River NE of London about 50 miles. Does this match your info? (Have photo of Jonathan Jr., by great granddad.) Albert.

Re: Ohio Witham's

Posted: 14 Jan 2001 4:37AM GMT
Albert, I had no info on Jonathan so this is a big help to me. Going back: me,b. Kendallville, In; Benny Harrison Witham, b. Medora, In; James Ervin, b. Nappanee, In; Thomas Witham, b. In; Henry Witham, b. Washington Co., Oh; Elisha, b. Cumberland Co., Maine;Jedediah, b. unsure;Benjamin. I haven't gotten past trying to find the records of Elisha and his father Jedediah yet. Good luck and keep me informed as I will do the same. Laura

Jedediah's father?

Posted: 29 Jan 2001 7:34PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 10:30PM GMT
Laura, Where did you find the information that Benjamin was the father of Jedediah? I haven't found any information stating his father's name. Thanks, Carol Witham

Jedediah's father

Posted: 31 Jan 2001 1:34PM GMT
So far I have no proof of Jedediah's father being Benjamin Witham, wish I did. I have tried every possible source and have drawn a blank on all. Sorry I can't help you more. Am still looking and will not give up the chase. Laura

Re: Ohio Withams , from Maine

Posted: 5 Aug 2001 2:17PM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2002 5:31AM GMT
My husband's 4th great grandfather would be Jedediah Witham
we neen info on Elisha, & Jedediah, Benjamin.
Our family is Georgia daughter of Wesley, Wesley son of Nathan,
Nathan son of Elisha Witham.

Leland O. Whittum (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2001 12:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Witham,Swett,Ogle,Stillings
I have 2 more ch. Thomas b 1832 and Christianna b 1834. 2nd wf of Benajmin is Jane Stillings. 1st wf Ann Ogle. Ben marr Jane 11 jan 1816 at Washington Co. OH. He marr Ann Ogle 8 feb 1808 in Washington Co. OH. Ben b abt 1785 in ME was the son of Jedediah Witham and Mehitable Swett.
Jed died in Cuba (a sailor ?) before 1797. Jed & Meh marr oct 1784 at Pearsontown, ME. Meh was b 24 dec 1765 at Standish, Cumberland Co. ME. d 26 oct 1823 in Washington Co. OH. she the dau of Jonathan Swett and wf Keziah ----.
4 ch Ben,1785-Elias 22 nov 1789,Jonathan abt 1790,Maria before 1797. If my memory is right I believe I got a lot of this info from the Swett genealogy book. have some more info and cramps in my fingers right now.

Lee

Posted: 22 Oct 2001 3:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Nov 2001 7:26PM GMT
Surnames: Witham, Withem
Thanks Lee for your help! Now, I can look for the Parents of Jedediah.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic