Search for content in message boards

IM Looking for My Family ???

IM Looking for My Family ???

MARY RED BIRD BARRINGER (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2003 9:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
i know my mothers name is Rita Red Bird her father was Kermit .....thats all i know so far so if any one could help me PLEASE do .....Thank You

Re: IM Looking for My Family ???

Posted: 20 Jan 2003 11:44PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2006 11:08PM GMT
Hello,

I am going to assume you are very new to genealogy and I am going to ask you to return to your original query and to add in some additional information which could possibly help myself or others to help you. The more you can provide, the more likely someone will be able to help you.

First, you have posted this query in Leslie Co. Is that because that is where you were born?? If so, please provide your birth date and county of birth. In that way, some sort of time line can be established for your family.

Did you have brothers and sisters? If so, when and where were they born? What is the age of your mother? Where was she born? Is it that you do not know your father or know who he was? You do not provide the name.

I am not sure what your legal surname is. Was is BIRD or REDBIRD or two words with RED BIRD being a two-word surname or what? This Kermit (your maternal grandfather) you speak of, approx. what would have been his age and did he also live in Leslie Co? If not, where?

Joyce Taylor Collins
La Palma, CA

Kermit REDBIRD

Posted: 21 Jan 2003 12:54AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2006 11:08PM GMT
Hello,

The name you have provided is unusual enough that I may have found something for you; however, I am not sure at this point how or why you have posted to the Leslie Co., KY Message Board. Anyway, here goes:

On the Social Security Death Index, there are these listings plus some information from the California State Death Index:

REDBIRD, Kermit S., Soc. Sec. #507-16-8003; born February 3, 1910; died on August 9, 1973 in San Diego, CA; Kermit was born in Nebraska per death record.

Then coincidentally, there was this listing which 'could' have been a close relative of Kermit because of the similarities:

REDBIRD, Mary Cecelia, Soc. Sec. #505-14-2741; born: August 11, 1908; died December 6, 1979 in San Diego, CA; shows Mary was born in Nebraska

You could write to the Social Sec. Administration (you have to send them $20+ dollars each, forget the exact amt.) and they will send you the Soc. Sec. application for these two. It will show who their parents were because that was a requirement. It should also show her maiden name.

Now, aside from that, I found Kermit on both the 1920 and the 1930 U.S. Fed. Census as follows:

1920 Fed. Census
Nebraska; County: Nance; Township: Genoa
NOTE: he shows his race as White; however, most other REDBIRDS are shown as Indian on the census.
Dwelling 8-8
REDBIRD, Simon, age 48, b. Michigan, father b. Michigan, mother b. Michigan
. . Bertha, age 33, b. Oklahoma; parents b. Oklahoma
. . Kermit, age 9, b. Nebraska; father b. Michigan* * * *

On the 1930 Fed. Census
Nebraska, County: Hall; Township: Grand Island
Dwelling 30-14610
REDBIRD, Simon, still says 48, occupation: Architect, independently employed; b. (looks like Mixed or perhaps Michigan); states father: b. Ottawa ; mother b. USA
. . Bertha, wife, 34, b. Mixed or Michigan; father b. Cherokee; mother b. IL
. . Kermit, son, age 19, b. Mixed or Michigan; father b. Ottawa; mother b. IL

I will be very interested to hear about your story and to know if I have given you the information on the correct Kermit REDBIRD.

Joyce Taylor Collins
La Palma, CA

Re: Kermit REDBIRD

Posted: 24 Dec 2008 12:41AM GMT
yes u have the correct kermit redbird .... he was my grandfather he is my mothers father .....& yes he was married to mary I was wondering who you are & what other infomation you were looing for ........my mother was their only child as far as she knows anyways .please repost or contact me throw my e-mail mizzyinmt06@msn.com

Re: Kermit REDBIRD

Posted: 24 Dec 2008 12:44AM GMT
sorry i forgot that i asked for this information its been a long time ...........SORRY
per page

Find a board about a specific topic