Classification: Query
Surnames: Austin, Osten
I am looking for a Thomas Austin. Here is what I have:
Thomas Austin paid Tythe in Currituck in 1756
Thomas Austin (and Cornealus Osten or Austin) paid Tythe in Currituck in 1752
Thomas Austin Jr and Thomas Austin Sr. paid Tythe in Currrituck in 1751
Thomas Austin Sr, Cornelius Austin, and William Austin paid taxes in 1779
Thomas Austin paid taxes in 1755
William, Cornelius, Thomas Sr., Thomas Jr, and Danial listed in the 1779 Tax list for Currituck County
I also have a Thomas Austin Sr. listed under Capt. Job Carr Company in Currituck in 1763

I am trying to find out where he came from and which is which. I have a Thomas Austin d. 1805 will abstract. This is my husband's 6th G-Grandfather. Any further information will be helpfull. Thank you, Susan Henry

Re: Thomas Austin

Posted: 12 Oct 2009 10:30PM GMT
Are you still looking? I have a document of the Austins from 1700 forward. See me your email and I will paste it to it. Regards.

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 11:55AM GMT
Surnames: Austin
Can you give me a little more information about what you have before I give out my email address? I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 12:46PM GMT
Susan, as I stated before, I have all the Austins of the Outer Banks from 1700s forward. You could also google the Austin family tree if you are uncomfortable about posting your email, which I well understand. Regards.

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 2:51PM GMT
Surnames: Austin
Thank you for the info. I actually have an unknown Austin born somewhere around 1700. That's as far back as I can get. I guess I got a little ahead of my self when I posted the original message. If you have any information as to where to go to find my unknown, please let me know.

Thanks again,
Susan

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 3:19PM GMT
Susan, here is the beginning of what I have. Start googling, and you will find it. I am decended from the Thomas Austin listed below.

The Austins of Hatteras Bank, North Carolina
First Generation
1. Unknown1 Austin was born about 1700.
He married.
He had 2 children:
+ 2. m i. Cornelius Austin, born about 1720, died about 1768.
+ 3. m ii. Thomas Austin, born about 1735, died about Jan 1804.
NOTES for Unknown:
PARENT: Research into Thomas Austin's family in Hatteras Banks, led to a search for the "other" non-Hatteras Austin in the 1790 Currituck Co.,
census- William Austin. Census records, deeds, and wills show that this William is son of Cornelius and Amey Austin, of Princess Anne County,
VA. Princess Anne County no longer exists, but is now absorbed into Independent City of Norfolk. It is just over the northern border of Currituck
County, NC.
Thomas I (about 1735) and Cornelius (1720) are in the same generation. The names Cornelius, Daniel, Thomas, and William occur repeatedly in both
families over several generations. Although William is a common name, the combination of Cornelius, Daniel and Thomas is not.

3. Thomas2 Austin (Unknown1) was born about 1735. He was the son of Unknown Austin and an unknown mother. Thomas
died about Jan 1804 in Currituck Co., NC.
He married Mary _____. She died about Aug 1805 in Currituck Co., NC.
They had 5 children:
+ 8. m i. Thomas Austin, born in 1755/1763.
+ 9. m ii. Daniel Austin, born before 1763, died about 1810.
+ 10. m iii. Cornelius Austin, born before 1763, died before 1790.
+ 11. m iv. William Austin, born about 1763, died before Jan 1804.
12. f v. Peggy Austin.
NOTES for Mary:
SPOUSE: Will 21 Jan 1804- 22 Sep 1805 Currituck County, NC. Wife Mary. Sons Daniel, Thomas, heirs of my son Cornelius, heirs of my son
William. Daughter Peggy. Executors: wife Mary and friend Hezekiah Farrow.
DEATH: Will Sep 7, 1805-Sep 18, 1806 Currituck Co., NC. refers to husband Thomas' will. Beloved friend Hezekiah Farrow. Friends Hezekiah and
Thomas Farrow.
NOTES for Thomas:
SPOUSE-CHILDREN: Will 21 Jan 1804- 22 Sep 1805 Currituck County, NC. Wife Mary. Sons Daniel, Thomas, heirs of my son Cornelius, heirs of
my son William. Daughter Peggy. Executors: wife Mary and friend Hezekiah Farrow.
EAR-MARKS: Currituck County Deed Book 2, page 523. 2 Nov 1769. "The mark of Thomas Austin is a Swallow fork/ and Under Keel in the Left
Eare and flower: /=Deluse (fleur de lis) in Right Eare".
PARENT-SIBLING: Research into Thomas Austin's family in Hatteras Banks, led to a search for the "other" non-Hatteras Austin in the 1790 Currituck
Co., census- William Austin. Census records, deeds, and wills show that this William is son of Cornelius and Amey Austin, of Princess Anne
County, VA. Princess Anne County no longer exists, but is now absorbed into Independent City of Norfolk. It is just over the northern border of
Currituck County, NC.

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 3:49PM GMT
Yes, this is what I found as well. My husband's line goes:
Unknown Austin, Thomas Austin, Thomas Austin, John (Jack) Austin, Isaac Farrow, William Riley, Pell Burrus, and Clarence Burrus is his grandfather.

I just got started in genealogy a year ago and it is hard to list someone as unknown. I want to know! :) If you find out any further info about the unknown Austin, please let me know.

Thanks again,
Susan
BTW... looks like we might be cousins somewhere down the line! :)

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 4:07PM GMT
Susan, I am cousins with your husband. I am from unknown to Thomas to William to William D. to William Dudley to William Wheeler to my grandfather Luther Lathan. Write me any time at Lcraaustin@hotmail.com. Oh, do you have any info on the Peels or Elizabeth Rollinson?

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 4:22PM GMT
The only Peele's that I have are Lovie B. Peele and her fater, Christopher Woodard Peele, and her mother, Rhoda Gaskill. I knew about Lovie, but I got her parents from the website just a few minutes ago.

I am in Currituck and there is some information at the library. I don't know where you are, but if you need me to look something up for you, please let me know. I will send you an email so we can communicate!
Susan

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 5:55PM GMT
I am looking for John Peel and wife Lovee who are mentioned in his currituck will of may 1803. I think his son was Andrew Peel who then had John Flowers Peel, but I need to prove this. Also, I would give anything to find out who john peel's parents are. Oh, your Christopher Woodard Peel is the son of John Flowers Peel.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions