Search for content in message boards

Alfred and George Robinson Familie's Migrated to Michigan

Alfred and George Robinson Familie's Migrated to Michigan

Posted: 20 Jan 2005 2:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information on the family of Alfred Robinson. He was born about 1827 or so in England but migrated with several family members to Norfolk County Simcoe Ontario before 1850 because his son Alfred was born in Simcoe in 1850-1851. Several stayed in Canadabut Alfred migrated to Michigan and was married in Tuscola County in 1880 near Burlington township outside Sanilac county and Marlette Mi. The Robinsons resided on a family farm in Burlington until the 1950's and the farm was sold. Would love to learn more. They are my great great great grandparents.I have a long long way to this far. I am confused however because there is a Simcoe within Norfolk County and a Simcoe county itself. My family was definitely from Norfolk county and he was born in Simcoe. PLEASE HELP <laughing>

Re: Alfred and George Robinson Familie's Migrated to Michigan

Robert Mutrie (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2005 12:41PM GMT
Your family lived on Lot 3, Concession 3, Walsingham Twp., Norfolk Co. north of the hamlet of Erie View. The Norfolk County seat was and is Simcoe. This is not to be confused with a county called Simcoe in Ontario.

Robinson, Alfred (son of Sheldon and Mary Robinson), born in England c. 1827. He married Ann ________, born in Scotland c. 1825.

In the 1852 Census of Walsingham Twp., Alfred Robinson was listed as an agriculturalist born in England 25 with his wife Ann born in Scotland 27 and children George 6, Archibald 4 and Alfred 2 all born in Canada. Alfred was Church of England and the rest were Presbyterian. They were listed next to Alfred’s father.

In the 1861 Census of Walsingham Twp., Alfred Robinson was listed as a farmer born in England 34 with his wife Ann born in Scotland 37 and children George 16, Alfred 11, Archibald 8, Jane 8, Eliza 5, James 3 and Mary 1 all born in Upper Canada. All were Wesleyan Methodist. They lived in a log house.

In the 1867 Gazetteer, Alfred Robinson was listed on Lot 3, Concession 3, Walsingham Twp.

Linda Lee(Robinson) (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2005 1:23PM GMT
Robert,
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I do believe the info you sent me to be accurate because the additional names you included match my family records. Down to each child. When they left Michigan, it is believed that some wenr back to Canada. Maybe some descendants are there to this day. Is the Walsingham Twp still called that today? If not, what what the area be called now so I may take a closer look?
Maybe you could lead me where I may find the information exactly what part of England they were from. God Bless.

Posted: 20 Jan 2005 2:28PM GMT
Robert,

Please except myapology for atte,ptinh to question your info you sent me. I didnt realize who you were. Do you think my Robinson family would be included in your long point sett book? were they from north or south walsingham? I am an ameteur and was adopted 45 years ago. i have been loking for them for a long time. You are a God send to me. I am doing this out of love for my 6 year old child so we wont have to. we will pass this through generations? how would i find where in england sheldon robinson b abt 1787 was born? he was the original settler. father to alfred sheldon jr born in 1827 in england and his son alfred sheldon robinson jr born in simcoe in 1850 or so

lindal (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2006 10:34PM GMT
I have new info on them My family lived on lot 3, concession 3 in S Walsingham Norfolk Co Want infomation on this Robinson family and perhaps what part of England they are from my gr gr gr grandfather Alfred Robinson

Sally Strickling (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2006 1:12PM GMT
Hi, Do you have a William D. Robinson in your tree? b. Sept 1853 in Canada d. in Michigan? Thanks. Sally

Posted: 22 Nov 2010 3:06AM GMT
sally, are you by any chance still searching? I have much more detailed info about william robinsons noiw than i did 3-4 years ago if yoyu are still available to discuss this please e-mail me at lee5831@att.net and we will see if there is a connection thanks linda

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 4:28PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Armstrong
From Canada - I am a great-great grandchild of Alfred Robinson. His daughter Ellen (Helen)Robinson married Sydney Armstrong, whose daughter, Eva Adele Armstrong, married my father Alphons Swinne, and I was their only child, Elsie Elisabeth Swinne (m. Andre Jean-Marc Lalonde - deceased 1991, age 57). I have been doing family history research and once I get more info from the past would be willing to share.

PS - I live on a large island in North Eastern Ontario, St. Joseph, but my childhood, teens and 20s were spent in Norfolk/Haldimand County (includeds Walsingham) and visited much of the family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions