Search for content in message boards

DNA Match "Harris"

DNA Match "Harris"

Posted: 17 Oct 2010 8:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wince - Harris, Goolsby, Walker, Thornton, Lewis, Peachy, Goose, Hollingsworth, Hollandsworth, Bixenmann, Spieler
"Burnett, Cain, Davis, Harris, Smith, Savage & Wince Family Tree" DNA, Haplogroup R - Robert Milton Harris b: 1941

Note 15 Oct 2010: The Family DNA Grouping, listed below, is a match to My DNA,"Haplogroup R" Results - The Artisans...

Name Robert Harris
Source DNA from Living Wince, Sr in the tree "Burnett, Cain, Davis, Harris, Smith, Savage & Wince Family Tree"
Type Paternal Lineage Test (manually entered)
Paternal Haplogroup Haplogroup R

Re: DNA Match "Harris"

Posted: 18 Oct 2010 7:14PM GMT
Have you submitted your test results to the Harris DNA Study
Group for comparison with the 30+ different Harris groups to
see which of these groups you are descended from?

Posted: 19 Oct 2010 2:36AM GMT
Thanks for the info; I had no idea there was a DNA study, in connection with Harris Groups, that you mentioned. Therefore, because I am ignorant in this regard, could you tell me how to join/submit my DNA results to the Harris DNA study? Again I really appreciate the response to my original inquiry.

Posted: 19 Oct 2010 7:49AM GMT
Joining the Harris DNA project will not show which ones you match, as the project is no longer being maintained by the administrator.

Posted: 19 Oct 2010 10:43AM GMT
Thanks, but it's a shame the program is not being administered. Oh well, back to the drawing board, so to speak.

Posted: 19 Oct 2010 2:17PM GMT
You can still take your results and compare them to the results for the different Harris DNA groups as posted on
their site at http://www.harrisdna.org/results.html. Direct
comparison is only reliable if your DNA was tested by
FamilyTreeDNA. Tests by others don't test the same markers
and would have to be translated by FamilyTreeDNA to get the
proper marker arrangement.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions