Andrew MATEJA (d. 1965) /ct

Andrew MATEJA (d. 1965) /ct

Posted: 24 Dec 2008 11:02PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
1965-11-23
Chicago Tribune (IL)
Mateja
Edition: Chicago Tribune

Andrew Mateja, beloved husband of Mary, nee Orszulak; dearest father of Rose [Joseph] Kaczmarek, Jean [Steve] Janiczek, Estelle [John] Zendlock, Florence [John] Stzek, Emily [John] Strah, Joseph, Irene [Edward] Hamot and George; loving grandfather of 16 and great-grandfather of five; devoted brother of Alexandria Merda and Mary Blizniak of Pulaski, Wis. Funeral Wednesday, 9 a.m., from Boldyga Funeral Home, corner of 51st and Wood streets, to SS. Cyril and Methodius church for 9:30 a.m. mass. Interment Resurrection cemetery. PR 6-1110.

Re: Andrew MATEJA (d. 1965) /ct

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 12:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: orszulak, mateja, coclanes, vitacco
This is my mother's paternal grandfather, Andrew J Mateja, born Feb 24, 1918 in Poland. I was told Andrew died after he fell asleep while seated in the back pew of a church service on Sunday, Nov 21, 1965. His son, Joseph Mateja, married my grandmother, Pauline C Coclanes in 1952. My mother, Maria H Mateja, married my father, Frank A Vitacco III in 1975. I am Francis Anthony Vitacco IV, born Dec 25, 1976.

I am looking to get further back in my family history, so I am in need of additional info on Andrew J Mateja, his widow, Mary (nee Orszulak) Mateja, and their ancestors.

Re: Andrew MATEJA (d. 1965) /ct

Posted: 23 Dec 2013 7:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
According to a post on polishorigins.com (Szymusiak forum), the Feb. 24, 1918 birth was that of Joseph Mateja, son of Andrew. You can read more about the family of Andrew Mateja and Mary Orszulak there.

My great grandmother was Regina Orszulak and her sister was Rose Orszulak. They married brothers with the surname Papierz.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic