Search for content in message boards

WARREN Family of East Hartford CT

WARREN Family of East Hartford CT

Posted: 8 Mar 2001 3:49PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 4:23AM GMT
WARREN Line

1. William WARREN Married Mary ANDREWS. Settled in East Hartford Conn. in 1644. They had 3 sons John, William Jr,, Thomas.

2. William Jr. WARREN married______ had William.

3. William WARREN born 1732 married Elizabeth RISLEY. They had 5 sons.Elisha,William,Nathaniel,James and Ashbel.
Elisha married_____ and moved to Geneva New York.
James Married Esther CONE on April 29.1809.
Ashbel married Penelope PRATT.
They also had 2 daughters, Deborah who married Ephas ROBERTS and Eunice who married John COTTON on April 4,1790.

4. Ashbel WARREN born about 1760 married Penelope PRATT daughter of Eliab and Margaret (ELY) PRATT and granddaughter of Capt./COL.Richard ELY. Ashbel was in the REV. War. They had 7 children Ashbel Jr.,William Ely,Harriet,Sally,
Nathaniel, Fredric and Margaret.
William ELY was killed by lightning on July28,1806 he was 17 yrs old.
Harriet married James CAMP she died Sept 27,1875 she was 85 years old.
Asbel Jr. married Abby HAYES.
Sally never married she died Feb 18,1875 she was 80 years old.
Fredric was born Dec 14, 1799. When he became of age he went to NC where he married _______. He moved to Houston Co. GA died at the age of 68leaving a large family.
Margaret Married James CALVIN She died in Ohio at age 92.
Nathaniel Married Sarah BIDWELL.

5. Nathaniel WARREN born Aug 3,1791 married Sarah BIDWELL on Aug 24,1820. Sarah was born June 8,1800 Daughter of Rudolphus and Phoebe (DANIELS)BIDWELL.They had 9 children Harriet Frances born Jan 16,1821 married Watson HAYES
Lucious Harvey born March 20 1823,married Abbie MINER on April 20,1842.
William Ely born June 17,1825 married Louisa GILLETTE HILLS in 1852.
George Austin born OCt 27,1827 married Almira RISLEY on Nov 19 1854 they had 5 children all born in East Hartford CT. Francis A. Risley born Jan 15,1849 (out of wedlock?,Ella Minerva born March 17 1856,Harvey Risley born March 29,1862,Louis Newton born Feb 16,1864 and Sarah Ann born Aug 20,1866.
Emily Annett born July 30,1830 married Edward MINER Oct 27,1850.
Laveret Dwight born Dec. 2.1832 married Mary WHEELER on July 4,1854.
Alfred Newton (my great-great-great-grandfather) born Aug 8,1835 married Ann Eliza STOW on Jan 22, 1858 in Harrison Co. Iowa.
Laura J. born April 21,1838 married George HILLS on May 28,1860.
Fredrick R.born Dec. 5, 1840 married Amelia MILTON on Dec 25,1867.

6.Alfred Newton WARREN (my great-great-great-grandfather) born Aug 8,1835 married Ann Eliza STOW on Jan 22, 1858 in Harrison Co. Iowa.She was the daughter of Alfred Hall STOW and Mary Rebecca WAY. They had 12 children in Harrison Co,Dunlap Iowa.
Charles Hall _______________
Fredrick William born Oct. 30 1860 died Aug 19,1861.
Mary Eliza Born May 20,1862 (my great-great-grandmother)married Lewis KING she died Nov. 20 1936.
Ada Laura born Aug 8, 1864 Died May 24,1955 (she raised one of her nephews Ernest born Dec.1894 as her son we believe it was her sister Rose's out of wedlock but have no proof yet).
Louis Henry born Dec 23,1866.
Arthur Llewelyn born 1869 died 1944.
Pearl Genevieve born May 1871 Married Aug 26,1894 to C.H.OTIS.
Edward Robbins born Oct 1873.
Rose Lillian born 1875/76 Married ______ WILLIAMS.
Geo Gilbert born 1879
Bertha Louise born June 17 1882. Married ________ FUNDERBURG.
Harriet Blanche ___________.
If anyone has additional information on these lines please contact me at dougskaren@aol.com
Thank you!

Re: WARREN Family of East Hartford CT

michael warren (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2006 11:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am from the east hartford warren line. george austin warren born oct 27, 1827. died sept. 6, 1898. he married amira risley. the problem i have is that i don't know if they had any children. The next line I have on my genealogy list is: Louis Newton Warren born feb. 16, 1864. died june 15, 1939. 1st wife was annie H. Miner. 2nd wife was Lillie May (Edgerly) Oliver. Again no mention of children or siblings to give me any more information. The only information I do have is that most of the warren family lived on Silver Lane in East Hartford, CT. If you could help me fill in the blanks I'd really appreciate it. Thank you, Mike

Karen King-Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2006 10:05PM GMT
Surnames: Warren

Micheal,
We are related.
Your George Austin Warren was a brother to my great-great-great-grandfather Alfred Newton Warren.
I have info on George's 5 kids Louis Newton, and his siblings.
Please email me at familyhistorybug@aol.com so I can email to your email! :)
Am always excited in finding family.
We had Warrens that were in the REV. War.
Karen

michael warren (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2006 5:34PM GMT
Karen, I don't know if you received my email. I am looking forward to receiving your information that you have. My email address is: turtleman06108@yahoo.com

Posted: 9 Jul 2009 5:18PM GMT
Mike ,
Did you ever get your questions on the Warren family answered and did you have any pictures?
Karen

Posted: 15 Oct 2011 5:18PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2011 5:19PM GMT
Hi I am also seeking the Warren family of East Hartford--my husband's family. Would love to share with others--we are still in East Hartford today and I do have a lot of info. Barb

Posted: 18 Oct 2011 1:31AM GMT
Hi Barb, I too still live in East Hartford and believe your husband and I are cousins, His dad was my dad's cousin. I would love to get in touch and try to get as much information as possible. I hope to hear from you soon and we can pass the information we both have and see where it leads. Thank you in advance. Mike

Posted: 18 Oct 2011 3:26AM GMT
okay Mike and Barb I hope with both of you being in East Hartford can we get some grave pictures taken and does anyone have pictures of some of these ancestors? I do have some pictures of mine my GGGGGrandfather was Alfred Newton Warren who married Ann Eliza Stow her family was also from East Hartford.
Karen

Posted: 18 Oct 2011 9:51AM GMT
Karen, I don't have any pictures of the ancestors on my end, maybe Barb does. I will try to locate the graves and take pictures. There is also a house in town that was owned by one of the Warren ancestors. There are also other houses owned by other members of the family, have to bring the decedent list with me to determine who is who and which house is theirs. It will take a little time with the weather getting ready to change to winter, but by next summer I shall be able to get you all that information.
Mike.

Posted: 21 Oct 2011 5:01AM GMT
Thanks Mike that would be great! Since I can really only give you the information from my line which ended up in Iowa though I believe Gilbert had bought some land out here from Alfred and it was sold back I will have to check that out again. I know my line was not related to Warrens from Mayflower. Not that I have found yet.
Thanks Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions