Search for content in message boards

Eli Brown family

Eli Brown family

Posted: 17 Sep 2002 6:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Mar 2004 3:29PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Agee, Piercy, Piercey, Polston, Polson, Cash, Tallent
I am researching the Eli Brown family. Eli born abt. 1808, parents unknown. He supposedly had two wives, first one Sharon Claborn died abt. 1849, second was Sarah Bertram widow of James Agee. I'm looking for information on Eli's married children, this is what I have so far: Prudence b. 1829 m. William Polston, Claborn b. 1833 m. Elizabeth Tallent (my line), Moses b. 1835 m. Mary Agee, Anna b. 1836 m. Lawson E. Piercy, Sarah b. 1843 whereabouts unknown, Angeline b. 1846 m. James T. Polson, Lucinda b. 1848 whereabouts unknown, Seralda b. 1850 whereabouts unknown, William b. 1854 whereabouts unknown, Susanna b. 1855 m. William Cash, Matilda b. 1856 m. Wiley B. Piercey, have gotten some info on her from previous posts. Can exchange info on my line of Brown's. Am also looking for Eli Brown's parents.

Re: Eli Brown family

Theresa McKinley Foss (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2002 2:01PM GMT
Surnames: Brown
Don't know if this is the same Eli or a relative, but when visiting cemeteries last year in Clinton County I found a tombstone at Freedom Cemetery (or Warriner sic Warinner Cemetery) off Hwy 734, Clinton County, near 76 falls. The tombstone read:

Eli Brown
Co H
3rd Ky CAV
Born May 10, 1819
Died Sep 5, 1868

rhondaadunn (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2002 12:30PM GMT
Thanks for the info, can you give me directions to this cemetery, last time I was down there I couldn't find it.

Theresa McKinley Foss (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2002 12:22AM GMT
I'll try! I'll have my dad add more info. You take Hwy 737 going toward 76 Falls, it's a wooded area. It's on the left hand side before the curve and the first house up on the hill about 9 feet high. We turned in the driveway and drove up ont he side of the road. You can't see it from the road. The Warinner's are buried within the ironwrought fencing (about 8x8 and behind this are other graves and Eli Brown's is behind the fence in the woodline. So when you go, take bugspray, wear long pants and good shoes. His tombstone is in pretty good shape.

C.R. McKinley (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2002 1:11AM GMT
I was at the Warinner Family Cemetery today and obtained the following info:
Eli Brown, Co. H., 13th Ky. Cav., born May 10, 1818, died Sept 5, 1868.

rhondaadunn (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2002 6:17PM GMT
Thanks for the info and I found your directions to the Wariner Cemetery also. If you research this family please feel free to contact me. I may be coming to Clinton County this fall if the weather permits.

Posted: 26 Jan 2003 6:56PM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2006 9:21PM GMT
Eli Brown was my 3rd GGrandfather. I have been searching for his parents too, my Grandmother told me that they were from Walden's Ridge Tenn. I am from sarah(Sallie) Brown, his daughter b May 4, 1844, she married John Wesley Mogg. She died March 21, 1899 at Cumberland City, KY. my EMail is dmillard@direcway.com

Charlie McKinley (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2004 3:46PM GMT
I have a picture of Eli Brown's headstone. If you will give me a place to send it i will. either e-mail or slow mail. Charlie

Posted: 21 Apr 2004 2:46PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Agee
Have just received a copy of Eli Brown's Civil War Pension file. It gives his first wife as Millie last name unknown. Second wife is Sarah Brown (no relation) widow of James Agee. One more child was mentioned - Albert Brown. Info from pension file is detailed on Clinton Co. Mailing List.

SR Conner (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2004 4:21AM GMT
Rhonda,

Did you obtain the file or a transcription? E-mail your address to me so I can send you the Terry CD I promised some time ago.

Regards,

Steve Conner
Russell County KyGenWeb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic