Search for content in message boards

White Families of Greene Co. TN ca 1840

White Families of Greene Co. TN ca 1840

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 12:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi all, My 4GG father James Moses (or Moses James) WHITE married Nancy "Emiline" COX in Greene Co., TN Jan of 1839. I have no earlier record of him. In 1830 Census, same location, they and baby daughter Mary, are residing 1 hh away from Emiline's father Ruben COX and family. Also nearby is Wiley J PROCTOR. The PROCTOR and WHITE Families are connected by the marriage of David WHITE to Olive PROCTOR, 1814 Rutherford Co., NC. (A descendant is a close Y-DNA match,)
Several hh away on same census is Peter WHITE with 3 M and 2 F in his home. I would appreciate any info on this Peter WHITE and certainly anything on my James Moses WHITE. I am guessing that Moses' father may be a William WHITE since that is the name given he and Emiline's first son, William Horton WHITE. (William then named his first son James Horton WHITE.) Census records list James Moses' place of birth as NC b. 1815-1820. He died and is buried in Laurel Co. KY in 1886.

Note I have found James Moses and family in: 1840, Greene Co., TN 1850 and 1860 in Hawkins Co., TN and then 1880 in Laurel Co., KY. (Haven't been able to locate them in 1870?!?)

Any help or suggestions most welcome and appreciated.
Thanks, Lori

Re: White Families of Greene Co. TN ca 1840

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 12:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Correction to post Re: White Families of Greene Co. TN ca 1840, they are on the 1840 Greene Co., TN Census, not 1830.

Lori
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions