Search for content in message boards

LeBlanc's Lafayette Parish

LeBlanc's Lafayette Parish

Posted: 12 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Feb 2002 8:32PM GMT
Surnames: LeBlanc
Looking for relatives of Victor Leblanc b 1830 LA m Mary Jane Thurston 1889. They married in St. Tammany Parish. He died in 1930 in Carencro, Lafayette Parish. His father was Alfred Leblanc b Mar 30 LA m Mary Any information would be appreciated.

Re: LeBlanc's Lafayette Parish

SRoy (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2001 7:40AM GMT
I have a relative that fits that almost perhaps you could tell me if he married my great grandfather was a LeBlanc. I don't know what his first name was but I live in Carencro and this is where he died...Any help with his wife's name would be great.

tameka (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2002 4:36AM GMT
i know clerville leblanc whose father was victor leblanc and erida broussard. he is mulatto. ring any bells?
thanks,
tameka, thepinkfrog@yahoo.com

Posted: 20 Jul 2002 7:03PM GMT
Do you know the names of Victor Leblanc's children? My great great grandmother was Lydia LeBlanc from Carencro. I'll share any information on the LeBlanc's that I have.

Posted: 21 Jul 2002 7:45PM GMT
Does anyone know anything about the following families, especially the branch that married into the JeanLouis family

The LeBlanc family I am researching is through marriage into the JeanLouis family. The JeanLouis family were free people of color of Lafayette Parish, Louisiana.

Jean Saint Ville LeBlanc (also seen spelled as Stainville) married a free woman of color by the name of Marie Onesia Jeanlouis free child of color daugher of DonLouis JeanLouis and Lize Celimene Simon Guilluame DeClouet of Lafayette Parish. Jean St Ville LeBlanc was the son of Placide LeBlanc, a French soldier and Catherine "Ton Ton" Pierre an Attakapas Indian F.W.O.C. There are no records of Placide and Catherine being married. Catherine also had another "husband" or relationship with Jean Baptist Collins, and they had two children before her laison with Placide.
Catherine had two children by Jean Baptist Collins, Florence Collins and Edmond Collins. Her Children by Placide LeBlanc were Jean St Ville Leblanc , Victor LeBlanc, Marie LeBlanc, Virgine LeBlanc, and Pierre LeBlanc

The bulk of my information come from Fr. Hebert's Southwest Louisiana Records and an online email partner who is a direct descendant of Catherine Pierre who receive the bulk of her information from a cousin.

The following is information on Catherine Pierre generously share by Lisa Ann Collins of New Orleans.

Catherine "Ton Ton" Pierre and Attakapas Indian FWOC
Born: circa 1901 (from church death record)
Died: 27 July 1888 at age 87 yrs. (Carencro Ch.: v. 1, p. 39)
Married first: Jean Baptist Collins
Children with Jean Baptist
1.) Edmond Collins
2.) Florence Collins
Married second to Placide LeBlanc a French Soldier
Born: circa 1797 (see his church death record)
Died: d. 17 Sept. 1857 at age 60 yrs.
Children with Placide LeBlanc
3.)Jean St Ville Leblanc
4.) Pierre LeBlanc
Married: 23 Aug. 1881 Celeste RICHARD
5.) Marie LeBlanc
6.) Virgine LeBlanc
7.) Victor LeBlanc
Married: Emeritha BROUSSARD Her Birth: cira 1851 (from birth record)
Her Death: 6 March 1890 at age 39 yrs.
Her Mother: Clarisse MATHIAS
Children:
a.) Maria LeBlanc b. 25 March 1880
b.) Marguerite Eve LeBlanc
c.) Bertha Ella LeBlanc b. 4 July 1882 d.) Aurelien LeBlanc b. 29 Jan. 1885
e.) Emma LeBlanc b. 22 March 1887
f.) Placide LeBlanc
Mar: 1Feb1897 Eve Broussard
Children:
Victor LeBlanc b. 22 July 1899
g.) Clairville LeBlanc

Posted: 10 Jul 2003 11:34PM GMT
Surnames: JeanLouis
Hi my name is Joyce Anthony, My grandfather name was Ursin JeanLouis of St John the Baptist Parish. His daughter married Pierre LaRose of St John the Baptist Parish in 1889. I have sime information on them.I hope we have some connection. Good luck.

Posted: 11 Jul 2003 3:10AM GMT
Hello,
My JeanLouis family originated in Lafayette, St Martin and Iberia Parishes. I know about some JeanLouises in St John Parish but I don't know if there is a connection. Do you know who your grandfather's parents were?

Cherryl
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions