Search for content in message boards

Potmesil family

Potmesil family

Posted: 15 Aug 2004 3:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: potmesil, Kasal
Looking for John and Anna Potmesil genealogy history are they connected to the Potmesil's that settled in Newman Grove and Lindsey area, if so how.

Re: Potmesil family and Kasal

Posted: 9 May 2006 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: KASAL
Your post indicated you were also researching the Kasal family?
I have Kasal people from Bohemia [Krucemburk/Krizova Czech.] who settled in Nebraska before moving elsewhere:

Josephine "Josie" Frances Kasal, b. 1870
Vaclav "Jim" Kasal, b. 1875
Frantisek
Mary
Antone

Their parents were: Frantisek Kasal, b. 1836 and Marie Musilova, b. 1846- both from Krucemburk/Krizova.

Re: Potmesil family and Kasal

Posted: 10 May 2006 2:55AM GMT
Surnames: Kasal-Potmesil
My greatgrandmother was born 1857 in Kojice, Bohemia, to a Mike and Anna (Vitiacil) Kasal and she was related to her son-in-law Philip Kasal who came to the USA in 1902 with his parents and siblings (Joseph-Marie-matilda-Frank-and Thomas Kasal), Don't know the parents name. Parnets and most of children lived in the Friend, Saline co, NE area, Joseph was in Wagner, SD and Philip and wife (Bessie Potmesil) lived in SD and then NE and returned for awhile to Bohemia to live and returned and died in Crete Nebr.That is all I know.

Re: Potmesil family

Posted: 5 Sep 2006 10:31PM GMT
Surnames: Potmesil, Hoffman
Have you seen the information about the Potmesil family in Mae Manion's "Prairie Pioneers of Box Butte?" Apparently they travelled from the Dodge Co. NE area out to Box Butte with the Henry Hoffman family (my husband's great-great-grandfather.) I'll send you more of the article, if you don't have it.

Susan Gust (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2006 2:35PM GMT
Surnames: Potmesil; Burri, Armstrong, Britton, Martz, Gust, Merchant, Richardson
I would like to have a copy of this record. I have Klara Matilda Burri married to Frank Potmesil on Nov 13 1910. Klara was born 10-17-1890 in Stanton Ne. and her brother Paul was born Mar 14 1889. Lena Martz and Gustav Burri are the parents. Lena later married William Britton.
This family ties to my Gust family. And other names are Lonstadt Armstrong Richardson Merchant and Beck..
I would love to share with others researching these names.
Thanks

Posted: 17 Dec 2007 8:06PM GMT
Surnames: Potmesil; Burri, Armstrong, Britton, Martz, Gust, Merchant, Richardson
Susan, Lena Martz Burri Britton was my great-grandmother. It looks like we are keeping tabs on the same family line. I saw in a separate post that you may have her obituary - I don't have a copy of that and would love to see it. Look forward to sharing info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions