Search for content in message boards

Looking for Edward and Lillian Chalupa possibly in 1900 census

Looking for Edward and Lillian Chalupa possibly in 1900 census

Posted: 12 Jan 2008 7:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chalupa, Edgar
Hello i am trying to find any part of my husbands roots. I have recently found an obit that told me his grand mothers last name and the name of her first husband. Lillian (Kocian) married Edward Chalupa and their second Vern S. Chalupa and possibly their first son Elmer Chalupa were born in Hays Springs, Neb.The obit was for Vern S. Chalupa says he was born Oct.26, 1913 . His older brother born who was born Feb. 20 1912 according to the Washington State death index I have not obtained an obit for him yet.I would like to see if can find this family in any census census, and maybe locate birth records for both of the sons. Other children born to this marriage were Melvin F, Helen and Edgar. I know that by 1930 she had remarried an Edgar and had two children Dolores and Kenneth. I only know this because Dolores is my husbands mother, and he remembers a couple of his Chalupa uncles.

Re: Looking for Edward and Lillian Chalupa possibly in 1900 census

Posted: 12 Jan 2008 5:25PM GMT
I found on 1900 Mill Pct, Sheridan, NE - Mat Kocian, 1850 from Bohemia, married to Fanny, 1855 from Bohemia. Children: Lilly, 1870 born in NE; ?Rohann? born 1892 in NE.
I found Lillian Kocian in 1910 Chadron, Dawes Co, NE census as being 19, single, and listed as a servant - General housework, Bakery. She was living with Elmer Byerly.
In 1920 in Seattle, King Co, Washington, I found Edward Chalupa, 39 MN, parents from Bohemia, a blacksmith; wife, Lillian, 28, NE, parents from Bohemia; children - Elmer E., 7 NE; Vern S, 6, NE; Helen E, 4, WI, Edgar M, 2 2/12, WI

There were two Chalupa families listed as living in Hot Springs, NE. Bartholomy J, 71. Came to the US in 1874 and became a citizen in 1880, born in Bohemia, Austria - his wife, Catherine, came to us in 1874 and became a citizen in 1880. Born in Bohemia, Austria.

Also; Bosse, 42, born in Bohemia. Farmer. Came over in 1878 and became a citizen in 1909. His wife, Anna, 39, born in Iowa. Her parents were born in Bohemia. They had one child listed, Wilma, 17

There are Kocian's, Joseph and Josephine, living in Richardson Twp, Butler Co, NE in 1900 and 1920. They were born in Austria, as were several of their neighbors. Could be relatives.

I found this information on Heritage Quest. I don't have any other info about this family. I am not related to them, just trying to do a favor for you like has been done for me in the past.
Linda

Posted: 13 Jan 2008 12:02AM GMT
Linda, thank you so much for your help.. the 1920 is a perfect fit and the names are all right.. I will have to do a bit more research to put more of the puzzle together thank you for the start. Angelique

Posted: 14 Mar 2009 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: Vern Chalupa
I am also updating what I have found so far. My name is Brad Johnson and Elmer Chalupa was my Grandfather. I will send you an invitation to the family tree so you can see who is who and when. Looks like we are long lost relatives on the Chalupa-Johnson Side. My Grandmother was Fransic Chalupa and was previously married to Elwood Duncan which is my mom's maiden name.

We have a big tree to go over and look forward to getting information from you also.
Lillian Edgar was maiden name born abt 1892

Thanks!
Brad Johnson

Posted: 14 Mar 2009 6:42PM GMT
Hello, I am Angelique my husband is the grandson of Lillian. I was lucky enough to get to meet Melvin and his half brother Kenneth. My husbands mother was a half sister to Melvin, Edgar, Vern,Elmer and Helen. Lillians children by her second marriage were Kenneth and my husbands mother Dolores.. I look forward to learning more as Dolores was not very talkitive when it came to my husbands father or other family members and still is not.. Angelique

Posted: 9 Apr 2012 12:44AM GMT
Hello Brad, have been trying to get hold of any of the Chalupa , family. Not sure what or why or how but some how I never received and invite to your Chalupa line. My husband's mother is Dolores, who as you know is the half sister to your grandfather. Would love to get in contact with you and see where you stand in your research. Mine keep hitting brick walls every where... I had found at one time a John Kocian which was Lillians maiden name, who died in 1906 in Seattle and often wondered if it was her dad. Any way would love to speak or get in touch with you. Angelique Stokes

Posted: 29 Aug 2013 2:37PM GMT
Hello:
Bartolomy Joseph Chalupa is my 2nd Great Grandfather. The town you mention is Hay Springs not Hot Springs. Hay Springs is located east of Chadron, NE. Bartolomy's son Boose also lived nearby and married Anna Kubo.
Michael Collins
per page

Find a board about a specific topic