Search for content in message boards

Sherrod and Weathersby/

Sherrod and Weathersby/

Lee Sanders Bartos (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SHERROD, WEATHERSBEE/WEATHERSBY
Looking for Robert Sherrod IV, son of Robert Sherrod and Lydia Llewellyn, in Martin Co. NC between 1790-1811. He married Lucrtia Weathersbee/Weathersby. Need dates of birth and death for both, and parents of Lucretia.

Robert Sherrod IV

Posted: 11 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2002 4:17AM GMT
Surnames: Sherrod
According to THE SHERROD FAMILY, 350 YEARS OF HISTORY, Compiled by Phillip Haines Sherrod, Robert Sherrod IV was born 1781 and died 1811. He married Lucretia Weathersbee (date not recorded and her parents names not recorded in this book) The book doesn't mention any children. Robert's father, Robert Sherrod III and his wife, Lydia Llewellyn are listed as from Martin Co., NC, but nothing is recorded of where Robert IV lived.

Phillip Haines Sherrod

Posted: 12 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2002 4:17AM GMT
Information about Sherrods in Martin Co., NC is available in Phillip Haines Sherrod's book THE SHERROD FAMILY 350 YEARS OF HISTORY. His mailing address is 4410 Gerald Place, Nashville, TN 37205-3806. Unfortunately, when I last contacted him, he had no more copies of his compilation available. That was almost a year ago. His e-mail address is phil@sandh.com. I am assuming it is okay to publish this information, as it is located on the first page of the book.

Robert Sherrod IV

Lee Bartos (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
egarding Robert Sherrod IV in Martin Co...Do you know where I can reach Phillip Haines Sherrod? Robert IV and Lucretia had two children I believe - William Robert Weathersby Sherrod and John Llewellyn Sherrod. After Robert IV died, Lucretia married a Haines (Haynes) and had more children. Thank you for responding, I did not have the probable birth date for Robert IV. lee.bartos@artibbs.com

Re: Robert Sherrod IV

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 1:28AM GMT
Can you put me in touch with someone so I can compare information on the Sherrod Family.

Posted: 4 Jan 2014 8:03PM GMT
Hi,

My name is Lester Shannon. My grandmother was Elizabeth Sherrod Shannon. I'm not sure which Robert Sherrod was the IV but here is my lineage going back. Please let me know if I can help with your search. (I also realize this post is 13 years after your search began).

Robert Sherrod: B. 1654
Robert Sherrod: B. 1753
Robert Sherrod: B. 1781
William Robert Weathersby (Buck) Sherrod: B. 1808
Robert W. Sherrod: B. 1834
Archibald Sherrod: B. 1890
Elizabeth Sherrod Shannon: B. 1922 (My father's mother)

Best Regards,

Lester (Leck) Shannon

Posted: 9 Dec 2014 1:52AM GMT
I have not corresponded with Lee Bartos in years, but she and I descend from the same Sherrod family.

I would love to compare notes on the Sherrod family.

Donna Walker Schultz
per page

Find a board about a specific topic