Search for content in message boards

PINEGAR,WOMACK

PINEGAR,WOMACK

Posted: 8 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jan 2002 12:00AM GMT
Would like any information on Pinegar and Womack names in Tennesee. My Grandmother Mary Elizabeth Pinegar was born in MCMinnville in the late 1800.

Pinegar, Womack tree

Melissa Wammock Stroud (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Pinegar, Womack
McMinn County, Tn

In my research I have found the following. However, I cannot confirm the accuracy of this research at this time.

11 Elizabeth Pinegar daugher of

10 Pearl N. Womack and Elda J. Pinegar m: 5/14/1893 Warren Co, TN daughter of

9 James WOMACK b: 10/2/1845 Lauderdale Co, AL d: 1/5/1900 Woods Cemetary, Dekalb Co, TN and Amanda Moore son of

8 Burgess Harrelson WOMACK b: 3/20/1819 Lauderdale Co, AL d: 3/9/1904 Warren Co, TN (Womack Cemetary) and Elizabeth Emaline Womack m: 11/1/1842 in Warren Co, TN son of

7 John Burgess Womack b: 9/16/1793 in Rutherford Co, NC d: 10/31/1846 in Desoto Co, MS and Rebecca Renfro son of

6 Abner Womack b: 2/10/1769 Halifax, VA d: 1/4/1856 Warren Co, TN and Martha Drucilla Byars m: 1790 son of

5 Thomas Womack b: Bef. 1742 Halifax Co, VA d: 1790 Burke or Rutherford Co, NC and Louvisa Rice m: Abt. 1762, Rutherford Co, NC son of

4 William Womack Sr. b: abt 1688 in VA d: bef March 16, 1762 in Goochland Co, VA and Mary ? son of

3 Abraham Womack II b: abt 1668 in Henrico Co,VA d: 1760 in Goochland Co, VA or 1770 in Chatham Co, NC and Tabith Hudson m: October 21 1686 (Second wife) son of

2 Abraham Womack, Sr. b: Abt 1645 d: October 1733 in Henrico Co, VA and Sarah Summerscales m: Henrico Co, VA son of

1 William Womack b: 1607 in Wragby, Licolnshire, England came to america abt 1637 d: bef 1677 Henrico Co, VA and Mary Jane Allen b: Abt 1610 England/Scotland/Ireland d: Bef 1685 Henrico Co, VA m: 1641 in Scotland possibly son of

Charles Augustus Womack, England

Re: PINEGAR,WOMACK

Posted: 23 Dec 2001 2:53AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2002 3:42PM GMT
Surnames: Pinegar, Womack, Sparkman
I am descended from the Pinegars of TN through Elda Joseph Pinegar's sister-Hattie Etta Maud Pinegar who married Hamp Sparkman. She was my paternal grandmother.

I have tons on the Pinegars and a bit on Uncle E.J.. Uncle E.J and Aunt Pearl had a son named George Elbert who was born on 08 Nov 1899 (in Falls City, Warren, TN) and married Livvie Waldon in Bessemer, Jefferson, AL on 09 Aug 1943. They had 1 daughter named Georgia Mae who is still living here in AL.

Please write.

Renee Sparkman-Cain

Posted: 14 Jan 2002 12:09AM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2002 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Pinegar, Edens
which pinegars, I come through Harvey Anderson Pinegar, son of John Pinegar and Mary Jane Edens, son of Mathias Pinegar,Sarah Moore

Jerry Henderson (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2002 2:47AM GMT
I just saw your response Renee. Elda J. was my great grandfather. He married Pearl Womack my great grandmother on my mother's side. My grandmother's maiden name was Elizabeth Pinegar-she married Terrel Uptain. I know Georgia Mae. I last saw her about a year ago at my uncle Paul David Uptain's funeral. My earliest memory of Georgia Mae goes back to the night my g grandmother died. I was about 4 or 5 years old.
I would love to see your information on the Pinegars. Thanks very much for your response. If you have contact with Georgia Mae, please tell her hello for me.

Renee Sparkman-Cain (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2002 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: Pinegar Womack
Harvey Anderson Pinegar was my great grandfather-William Jefferson Pinegar's half-brother. W. J. was the eldest son of John Pinegar and his 1st wife Mary Keer/Kerr.

W. J. married Mary E. Wood on the 4th of July 1865 in Little Rock, Arkansas, where he was discharged from the Union Army (18th Illinois Infantry).

Their daughter, Hattie Etta Maud, married Hamp Sparkman. Their son William Ernest Sparkman was my father.

Hattie's brother, Elda Joseph Pinegar married Pearl N. Womack.

HI COUSIN!!!!

Renee

Renee Sparkman-Cain (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2002 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: Pinegar, Waldon, Walden
Jerry,

Write me at rcain34535@aol.com. Not only am I kin to Georgia through her dad but her mother-Livvie Waldon Pinegar-Mitchell, was my great-aunt by birth. She was my maternal grandfather's 1/2 sister.

I'd love to share what I have with you.

Do you know how to get in touch with Georgia? I haven't been able to contact her.

Renee

Re: Pinegar, Womack tree

Posted: 20 Jul 2002 3:25PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2002 3:42PM GMT
Surnames: PInegar, Sparkman, Wood
Elda Joseph Pinegar and Pearl N. Womack were my great uncle and aunt.

Uncle "Eldy" is the brother of my paternal grandmother (Hattie Pinegar-Sparkman) AND the father-in-law of my maternal grandfather's sister (Elizabeth Waldon Pinegar-wife of George Elbert Pinegar who is the brother of the Elizabeth you have mentioned.)

I am looking for data on Elda 's brother Thomas E. Pinegar. Can you help?

Renee Sparkman-Cain
bootsgrandma@yahoo.com

Posted: 7 Oct 2002 10:15PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2002 1:38PM GMT
My grandfather's name was Thomas E. Pinegar
He had two brothers - Jim and Eldy

But he also had two sons Eldy and Thomas

He was married three times and two families
Married to ?? Lula, Maggie
I think that the first marriage had 10 children (7 boys and 3 girls) Thomas, Eldy, William, Sue, Clara, Louis, Erval, Leonard, Ernest, ???

I am told that Eldy's brother Thomas was killed in mining accident.

His second marriage was to my grand-mother Maggie Louise Pinegar (5 boys and 1 girl - my mother Maggie Louise Pinegar

I am just starting to sort all of this out, so if I can be of help.
I could also use some help.

David

Posted: 9 Oct 2002 12:58PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2004 6:40PM GMT
Surnames: Pinegar
David, Where was your grandfather, Thomas E. Pinegar born and when? Where did he die? I believe we are kin.

Was your grandfather a preacher?

Renee
per page

Find a board about a specific topic