Search for content in message boards

Marion Monroe Martin

Marion Monroe Martin

Marsha Howell (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martin, Wilson, Izatt, Lloyd
I am looking for a short history of Marion Monroe Martin. His parents were William A. Martin and Charlotte Robiou of Chesterfield County, Virginia. He married Lucinda Busenbark who died in Cache County, Utah. Some of his children were born in Weber County Utah. His children were William Henry, Lucinda, Marcellus, Lerona, Theodore, and David. Marion left Virginia and eventually ended up in Utah where he married Lucinda. They lived in Utah and in Idaho.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Marion Monroe Martin

Posted: 5 Jan 2012 10:35AM GMT
I am researching this family also. I have just finished doing a takeoff of the 1850 census for Cumberland Co. Va. I found Thomas Robiou 82 and his wife Elizabeth 70 on family #920 lines 40 and 41. It states he was born in France. If you do a search on Ancestry they haven't got him listed and can't find any of that surname. I took of all the Martins and the Trabues. I just have to figure out how they all fit together. I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 15 Jun 2012 4:04AM GMT
Surnames: monroe, martin
i just found this:
http://books.google.com/books?id=PwAbVyBZeR4C&pg=PA96&am...

pages 96-100. i don't know if this is the same person, but wow. wow. wow.

Posted: 18 Jun 2012 12:07PM GMT
Yes, wow wow wow is right!!! thanks so much for giving me that connection. I have also heard that there is a man in Pocatello that has a history of Marcellus Marion Monroe Martin or whatever his name order was. I have talked to him years ago. I will have to try to remeber what his name was and call him again. Thanks

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 2:26AM GMT
Surnames: monroe, martin
my pleasure!
i also read, though now i stupidly did not bookmark the link, that his name was marion monroe martin, that he left home to join the war(?), & took the name marcellus monroe to avoid his parents finding him & bringing him home. he was known as major monroe for a time. later he went back to his real name.
this does make sense, though i have no proof yet.
my problem right now is that he is listed (on his son's death certificate) as james m. monroe. where the james comes from is a mystery.

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 5:45PM GMT
He is buried in Clifton, Franklin, Idaho. I have been to his grave. Also his daughter that my husband is descended from is buried in Lava Hot Springs, Bannock, Idaho. I have been to her grave also. Which son's death cert do you have? have you posted a copy? I have there being 7 children with Lucinda Busenbark. Then I have 2 other marriages. Is that what you have? 2nd to Josephine Christine Jensen 24 Jul 1885. 3rd to Mary Jane Chadwick but I don't have a date.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic