Search for content in message boards

Caroline Betts

Caroline Betts

Glenn Mowell (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2000 6:30PM GMT
Am looking for info on siblings and ancestors of Caroline "Callie" Betts, my GGrandmother.
b.July 3, 1848 @ Newcomerstown, Ohio, d. Dec 19, 1937 @ Neoga, Ill. m. Zachariah T. Mowell in Ill. Sept. 5, 1869. Caroline's parents were Abigail Feris b. 1813 and Benjamine Betts b. 1809 d. 1903 @ Neoga, Ill.

Re: Caroline Betts

Posted: 11 Apr 2005 10:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mowell/Betts
My maternal grandfather was William Harold Mowell, son of Ernest Glenwood(Glen) and Clara Alice(Birchfield) Mowell. I have been trying to connect Glen to Zacharia and Calie. Do you know any of the names of Zacharia and Calie's children. I know my grandfather told me his grandfather's name was Zachery( probably Zacharia) and he was a civil war veteran. Since only 7 Mowell's served in the civil war on the Union side and one is named Zachariah, they must be one and the same. I have some ribbons from Civil war reunions, a button from his uniform and a picture of the reunion members that must have been taken in 1918 or 1928. The census records for 1930 show Zacharia and Caroline as being 81 years old and having 2 grandaughters living with them. E-mail me at hawheem12614@aol.com

Posted: 11 Apr 2005 10:42PM GMT
My maternal grandfather was William Harold Mowell, son of Ernest Glenwood (Glen) and Clara Alice (Birchfield) Mowell. My grandfather gave me some reunion ribbons, a button from the uniform, a picture of reunion members and the pocket knife his grandfather Zachery carried in the Civil War. I have been trying to tie Zacharia and Caroline Mowell to our family. I now believe them to be my gggrandparents. Since there were only 7 Mowells serving on the Union side, and one is named Zacheriah they have to be one and the same. Who were your parents? My grandfather had 2 brothers and 2 sisters, Rex, Ivan, Irene, Edith. Are any of these names familiar to you? If so E-mail me at hawheem12614@aol.com

Posted: 21 Jun 2012 1:26AM GMT
Rex was my great grandfather. I would love to talk to you. Please email me at jchilds@zaptrax.com

James Childs

Posted: 21 Jun 2012 1:41AM GMT
Rex was my great grandfather. I would love to talk to you. Please email me at jchilds@zaptrax.com

James Childs
per page

Find a board about a specific topic