Search for content in message boards

Abraham Hobbs

Abraham Hobbs

Posted: 19 Nov 1999 6:40PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 2:25AM GMT
I am searching for any information on Abraham Hobbs, born 1820 in Va. Married Sarah Jane Scott 1845. Daughter Nancy Jane Hobbs. Residences Virginia, Illinois, Iowa.

Abraham Hobbs-1820?

Jean Hobbs (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 1999 1:35PM GMT
Johnny,
I have only seen one Abraham Hobbs in my research so don't know if this will tie in with your info or not. I have Abraham Hobbs born 1818 in VA, son of Nathan Hobbs Sr and Mary Smith. However his wife a was Elizabeth Carter (born 1820 in VA), m: Jan 30, 1840.

Allie Hobbs

Jannette (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2000 6:24PM GMT
I have an Allie Hobbs b. Feb 2, 1879 d.Feb 20, 1919 in Plainfield, IA who married into the Robinson family, i.e. Phillip. Not much info on Allie Hobbs.

Allie Hobbs

Jannette (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2000 6:25PM GMT
I have an Allie Hobbs b. Feb 2, 1879 d.Feb 20, 1919 in Plainfield, IA who married into the Robinson family, i.e. Phillip. Not much info on Allie Hobbs.

ABRAHAM HOBBS

Suzanne Eaves Koehler (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2000 5:19PM GMT
My maternal great-grandfather was John Abraham Hobbs. Children: Myrtle, Ida Mae, Bertha, Hazel (my grandmother), John, Aaron and Ira. Family lore has him living in Springfield, Illinois at one time. He settled in Ottumwa, Iowa. Very little family history has been completed on the Hobbs side. If anyone has info regarding him or anyone else in Illinois/Indiana/Iowa area (Hobbs/Pentzer) that I am researching, would appreciate this.

Abraham Hobbs

Posted: 12 Sep 2000 7:16PM GMT
Suzanne, I spent some time this summer in Ottumwa working on the Hobbs/Glenn line. My GG grandfather was Abraham W. Hobbs, b. in Indiana; his son, also named Abraham Wilson, was born in 1867. I believe we'll find a common link.

John A. Hobbs

Posted: 12 Sep 2000 8:46PM GMT
I have information on a John A. Hobbs b. in Iowa.
John A. Hobbs, age 23, father James (1818, Indiana), mother Mary Hearys(?Hayes)(1820); married Harriet Zimmerman, b. Iowa, DOM Nov. 14, 1882. John A. Hobbs is listed in the 1897-98 city (Ottumwa) directory. 1907-08 directory has John A. (wife Etta--could be nickname for Harriet?) living at 1516 E. Main. 1908-09 lists John A. (wife Harriet).

John Abrahams father was James Glenn Hobbs, brothers John and Abraham, my GG grandfather. It gets better--want to hear more??? Johnny

Abraham Hobbs

Suzanne B. Koehler (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2000 6:28PM GMT
To Johnny Orona: Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I would certainly like to have some info on your line. It does sound like Great-Grandpa Hobbs (John A.) that you mention. My mother's middle name was Harriet (Lucille Harriet Pentzer Eaves). I was thinking his wife was Ida Mae, as there was one daughter named Ida Mae, but that was Grandpa Pentzer's mother. Which Glenn's are you related to? I live next door to Gary and Jane Glenn's son Brian. Gene Glenn, perhaps? Email me directly at skoehle@lisco.net if you like. Thanks again, Johnny, for contacting me. Best wishes, Sue Koehler

Abraham Hobbs

Posted: 13 Sep 2000 6:28PM GMT
To Johnny Orona: Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I would certainly like to have some info on your line. It does sound like Great-Grandpa Hobbs (John A.) that you mention. My mother's middle name was Harriet (Lucille Harriet Pentzer Eaves). I was thinking his wife was Ida Mae, as there was one daughter named Ida Mae, but that was Grandpa Pentzer's mother. Which Glenn's are you related to? I live next door to Gary and Jane Glenn's son Brian. Gene Glenn, perhaps? Email me directly at skoehle@lisco.net if you like. Thanks again, Johnny, for contacting me. Best wishes, Sue Koehler

John Abraham Hobbs

Posted: 13 Sep 2000 6:44PM GMT
You're right, my greatgrandmother was Harriet Brudentia Zimmerman Hobbs. She died of consumption at the age of 49. Sue
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions