Search for content in message boards

Vickers / Collins connection

Vickers / Collins connection

Deb (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2006 4:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to get in touch with the Donald Vickers family who live / or did live in the Liberty Hill area at one time. I was told that his family line had / has info connecting to the Collins line. I would like to compare notes to see if they have the same info I have in what's called the Whitmire Transcript.
I would also like to know if the wife of Donald Vickers who is Shirley Roberts , is the same Shirley Roberts who went to school at Leander , had a little sister names Dolores Faye Roberts and whose mother is Mildred Roberts that worked at the Leander school for many years with my mother. I had no idea as a kid that our families were connected or would be someday.
I have tried various phone numbers given to me by various people but none have gotten me in touch with the right people. Is there anyone out there that know these people ?

Re: Vickers / Collins connection

Posted: 29 Sep 2006 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Barker, Draper, Dunn, Law, Huddleston, Pate, Tracy
Don Vickers is my cousin. His mother and my grandmother were sisters. I can send you his brother Gilbert's phone number in Liberty Hill. This is a legit number....I just talked to Gilbert a few months ago.
I think Don lives in or around Liberty Hill also.
My personal email address is: mydunns@yahoo.com.
Good luck
Myrna

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 6:30PM GMT
I am that same Shirley Roberts. Yes on the mother, sister, and husband that you referred to.
What information were you looking for, and whom is it that is inquiring?

Thanks,
Shirley R. Vickers

Posted: 29 Aug 2013 3:36AM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2013 3:42AM GMT
Hi Shirley!
Well gosh that original post was SO long ago! I think we finally worked our way thru all the questions I might have had back then ... don't even remember what half the questions might have been back then!

I was also wondering (besides Collins) IF any of your dad's family (the Roberts) might have also been related to some of my Roberts people.

Can we continue this discussion off board?

As to who I am, I went to school with your little sister Dolores. My mother was Ruby, who worked with your mom Mildred. I left Leander to live with my brother when my mother died.

Posted: 2 Oct 2013 10:57PM GMT
Shirley, I would love to hear from your sister Dolores. Is she by chance on Facebook? Or anywhere else I might contact her? I'd love to touch base with fellow classmates like her but don't know where most ended up at.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions