Search for content in message boards

Barbara Grider/Jacob Grider?

Barbara Grider/Jacob Grider?

M. Fields (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GRIDER, RIPPETOE, RECTOR, HOFFMAN, SIGMAN
I've found some evidence that my ggg-grandmother Barbara Grider/Crider (born about 1800 and married to Adam Rector in Burke County in 1823), was the daughter of Jacob Grider (born in VA or NC) and Elizabeth Rippetoe. I also have seen indications in ancestry charts posted online that this Jacob Grider was either the son of Frederick Grider and Barbara Euler of Burke County OR that the same Jacob Grider was son of Hans Martin Grider of Switzerland and and the brother of Cornelius, Frederick, Martin Jr., John, and Valentine Grider.

Can anyone corroborate either of these lineages? Who are Frederick Grider and Barbara Euler? I'd really appreciate any help or direction.

Jacob Grider

Posted: 26 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2003 3:57AM GMT
Surnames: Grider, Rippetoe, Yow
The debate seems to be whether Jacob, who married E. Rippetoe was the son of Martin Grider or Frederick Grider. This Jacob would have been a grandson of the immigrant Hans Jacob, is more likely.

I descend from Frederick Grider, who would be the brother of your Barbara. He married Elizabeth Yow and possibly one other. Do you have any information on other siblings of these two? What little I have is mostly speculative.

Rippetoe

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Rippetoe
I am looking for any information on Rippetoe. My great grandfather was Samuel Rippetoe. He married a lady with the first name Mandy. No idea of last name.

Grider Family Genealogy

Posted: 12 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2005 4:42AM GMT
Surnames: GRIDER, PERRYMAN
I too am interested in learning more information about Burke County and North Carolina Grider family genealogy. My earliest known Grider ancestor is Martin Grider. His son, Frederick Grider, was twice married. His second wife was Elizabeth. Frederick's first wife is my ancestor. Frederick's first wife probably died in North Carolina before he moved with his family to Kentucky in the early 19th century. Frederick died ca. 1819 in Adair County, Kentucky.

Frederick Grider and his first wife's son, my ancestor, is Frederick Grider (1781-1853). Frederick, the younger, was probably born in North Carolina and died in Russell County, Kentucky. Frederick, the younger, married daughters of William Perryman and Ann Stokes Perryman. The second wife of Frederick, the younger, is my ancestor, Sarah Perryman Grider (ca. 1787-ca. 1884). Sarah was probably born in North Carolina and died in Russell County. Frederick and Sarah were married in 1806, Adair County, Kentucky.

I shall be delighted to communicate with anyone interested and knowledgeable about my Burke County ancestral families.

William Perryman, Ann Stokes

Carolyn L. Roy (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Perryman
I believe William Perryman was a brother to Harmon perryman.
Have you read any books author James Bennett Bodie?????Do you have anything on Harmon. William is mention in the above book and Ann Stokes.....Harmon married Martha Vining.

Re: Rippetoe

Posted: 9 Oct 2002 12:36AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2003 5:08AM GMT
Surnames: Rippetoe
you have hit my line--what info do you have about Samuel Adrain Rippetoe ( born 18feb 1883- Cole City, AR) (died 22 apr 1977- Susanville lassen CA) he married Manda Ceylon Huie (born Feb1886- van Buren County AR) ( died 1 Aug 1951- Susanville Ca) i have gone back into the 1500's with this line . if you have any more info let me know.

Re: Rippetoe

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2002 12:46AM GMT
This was my grandmother's maiden name. Virgina *Rippetoe* Cook. I will get more information from my mom about him.
She has a bible that has relatives names etc.. in it.

The Family of William Perryman

Posted: 24 May 2005 5:11AM GMT
Surnames: PERRYMAN, HAYS
William Perryman (1759-1854) and John Perryman are apparent sons of John Perryman and Mary Hays Perryman. The William Perryman family lived in Burke County, North Carolina before arriving, during the early 19th century, in southern Kentucky.
I would like to communicate with descendants of John Perryman and Mary Hays Perryman.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic