Search for content in message boards

Tooreen, Duagh, Listowel

Tooreen, Duagh, Listowel

Posted: 4 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jun 2003 4:33PM GMT
Surnames: Cronin, Crowley, Joy, Enright, Mulvihill
Anyone know about Tooreen, Duagh, Listowel, Co. Kerry?

Birthplace of Jeremiah Timothy Cronin, b.1878. Parents: Timothy Cronin and Honora Joy. Siblings: Timothy Cronin b.1870, Mary Cronin b.1871, James T. Cronin b.1877. There is probably a Margaret and a Michael in there somewhere.

Their fathers

Posted: 8 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2003 4:35PM GMT
Surnames: Joy, Flaherty, King, Stack, Lynch, Commane
Barb,

I got a copy of Timothy Cronin and Honoria Joy civil marriage cert. Will send to you.

Married Jan 25, 1869 in the Catholic Chapel of Duagh, both full age (no actual age given); he a bachelor; she a maiden, he a farmer in Tuareen, his father was Timothy Cronin, she resided in Knockalocha, her father was John Joy, also a farmer- the witnesses were Jeremiah Cronin and James Cronin (?HIS BROTHERS)

Joanne

Irish Civil records

Posted: 9 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Thanks Kathy, but the dates I do have were obtained from the LDS records. Some fall outside the records. I was hoping for perhaps a relative to come forward to fill in the blanks. As a matter of fact I did get a couple results.

Irish Civil Records

Kathy Flynn (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
With those birthdates you should find the births in the Irish Civil records. The birth record will give exact townland. The FHL has the indices and the actual records on microfilm. There was an excellent article in the "Irish At Home and Abroad" on the civil records. Any good genealogical library should carry this periodical.

Irish Civil records started for ALL Ireland residents in 1864.

All the best.

Kathy Flynn, CGRS

LDS & Irish Civil records

Kathy Flynn (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Dear Barb,

I am a bit confused by your statement about records "falling outside" of the LDS.
Just to clarify. I am referring to the Irish Civil Records which were filmed by the LDS. They have to be ordered by county and year. I am NOT referring to the IGI (International Genealogical Index) for the British Isles which contains only a few extractions from various record sources. Which did you use?

Thank you.

Irish Civil Records

Posted: 25 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Kathy, thanks for the info. I guess I was a little misleading. I meant that LDS online and another friend who has access to those civil records were unable to find a record of the 1950's. I do not know the exact dates, nor am I certain of the Counties in that era. Eventually I will be able to get to a LDS center and perhaps have more success. Thanks again.

Re: Cronin & Joy

Posted: 8 Jul 2001 2:32PM GMT
Hi - my name is Allison Clifford and I am responding to your post re having a copy of Ton and Nora Cronin's marriage certificate. My Great Great Grandparents: Timothy Murphy (from Bedford) and Margaret Cronin have Nora and Tim listed as godparents for 3 of thier children:

Bart: b 1878
Mary: b 1880
Patrick: b 1881

I can only hypothesis that Tim Cronin was brother to my Great Great Grandmother. Do you have any records of a Margaret Cronin??

Thanks.

Allison
Posted: 18 Jul 2001 1:24PM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2003 4:06PM GMT
i don't.... what i got for barb barnes and her daughter i got from civil marriage records - they have the joy and cronin lines from Duagh, Co. Kerry.
Posted: 9 Apr 2013 6:07PM GMT
Hello. I am researching a family from Tooreen. My relative, Jane or Janet Walsh married a Michael Walsh from Kilflynn in 1894. Michael and Jane had 6 children but I only have information on 4 of them, Timothy, William, Catherine and Honora. Their children were born between 1895-1899. The family were all residents of Tooreen at the time of the children's births until 1911. After the 1911 census I lost them. Jane, their mother died in 1903.

The only info I have on Michael is that he was born May 1863 to Timothy Cronin and Catherine Pierse. He had at least 3 siblings. I have marriage information on his sisters.

Honora Cronin married John Foley.
Mary Cronin married Henry Breen.
Deborah Cronin married William Sheahan.

I have hit a dead end after 1911. Do you have any information relating to this Cronin family?

I really would appreciate any help! Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions