Search for content in message boards

WESTBROOK(S), Howell/STROUD, Rebecca

WESTBROOK, Rebecca survived to 1870, marriage bonds for Howel F., Sarah, Charlotte WESTBROOK

Posted: 24 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 2:11PM GMT
Surnames: WESTBROOK, CANADY, BAXTER, DAVIS, TATE, BRYAN, ROGERS, WEBB
Rebecca Westbrook appears on 1850 Census with husband, and as widow on 1860 Census, died before 1870 Census, children's marriage bonds, Rutherford Co. N. Car. Howel F. Westbrook m. Mary Canady 11 May 1835, bondsman, William Baxter, John Davis m. Sarah Westbrook, 31 May 1836 bondsman, James M. Tate, witness L.B Bryan, Nathaniel Rogers m. Charlotte Westbrook 23 Dec. 1820, bondsman, John Rogers, witness Alfred Webb.

WESTBROOK(S), Howell/STROUD, Rebecca

Posted: 24 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 2:11PM GMT
Surnames: WESTBROOK, STROUD, DAVIS
William Howell Westbrook b.c. 1781, Chester Co. S. Car. married Rebecca Stroud (dau. of Thomas and Sarah Wilson Stroud of Chester Co. S. Car.) b.c. 1782 Chester Co. S. Car,
they migrated to Rutherford Co. N. Car. and Howell Westbrooks appears on 1830/1840 Census there, then they migrated to Spartenburg Co. N. Car. between 1840-1850, apparently Rebecca Stroud Westbrook died before 1850 Census, where Howell Westbrook, appears with sons.
Children of William Howell Westbrook(s) and Rebecca Stroud:

1. Howell Foster Westbrook
2. Nancy Westbrook
3. Charlotte Westbrook
4. Leatha Westbrook
5. Lucy Westbrook
6. William Westbrook (1850 Census)
7. Thomas M. Westbrook (1850 Census)
8. James P./C. Westbrook (1850 Census)
9. Sarah (Catherine/Jane/Elizabeth) Westbrook m. John Davis, had children: Lawton Bedford, Marshall Thomas, Aletha, Martha Jane, John Arnold,William Foster, Sallie E., and Benjamin Franklin Davis.
10. Rebecca Rosella Westbrook

Seeking husbands and wives of above children and specific information on Stroud family, origins and oral histories, and where exactly William Howell and Rebecca Stroud Westbrook are buried.

Re: WESTBROOK(S), Howell/STROUD, Rebecca

Lois (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2002 9:40PM GMT
I am doing some research for my grandchildren that includes the westbrook family and wonder if they tie in with yours at any point.
Loretta Westbrook was born 4 Apr 1854 in Cherokee, S.C. and died 1 Jul 1936(probably in N.C.)Her father was Thomas S. Westbrook Born 16 Aug 1820 and died15 Jun 1886 in Polk County,N.C. He married Mariah Jane Horne. have you come across anything else about them?

These Westbrooks generate from Chester Co. S. Car. not N. Car.

Posted: 14 Jan 2002 1:52AM GMT
Edited: 27 Apr 2002 7:05PM GMT
Not related directly to this family, sorry.

Posted: 6 Apr 2002 10:53PM GMT
Surnames: Westbrook, Stroud
Lois, this family is the same family you are looking for.

Leatha, Thomas and his family moved a few miles over the border into Rutherford County, NC in time for the 1870 census. Rebecca stayed in Cherokee County, SC until her death after the 1870 census.
Thomas and Mariah Horne Westbrook did have a daughter by the name of Loretta who married Michael Kimbrell. My great grandfather, Sabinus Westbrook, was Loretta's brother. They both descend from Howell and Rebecca Stroud Westbrook from Chester Co.>Spartanburg Co.,SC
Gloria Forrester
Spartanburg, SC

Posted: 22 Sep 2002 2:24AM GMT
Edited: 9 Oct 2002 3:49PM GMT
Surnames: Westbrook, Jones, Grant
I have in my history notes a Rebecca Westbrook married to William Henry Jones. They had a daughter Louise Jones who married John Thomas Grant. John and Louise had a son William Wesley Grant born between 1867-1876 in Barbour Co., Al. These are my relatives and I have precious little information and would love more. Most of my ancestors came from the Carolinas, Ga. and Va.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions