Search for content in message boards

Pennsylvania birth/death records

Pennsylvania birth/death records

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 6:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi! I'm brand new to ancestry.com and I'm wondering where to get birth and death records in Pennsylvania for the 19th and 20th centuries.
Thanks, Karen

Re: Pennsylvania birth/death records

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 4:03AM GMT
Try the Court House on County Line St, New Castle, PA. That's where all birth records for PA are kept now. There is a charge for one I think it is $10 per copy

Jeanne Weigley Walter

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 4:22AM GMT
Here is an online link to the Pennsylvania Department of Vital Records Birth & Death Index for birth records-1906 only and death records from 1906 to 1961.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/pub...

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 10:34PM GMT
when do you think they will update the birth index for 1907?

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 4:43AM GMT
Russell,
The site states that Birth Records become public record after 105 years. If you go back to that link,there is a phone number available,where someone might be able to answer your question directly.

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 3:30PM GMT
1907 birth certificates should be available at the State Archives in Harrisburg come January. However, all the birth and death certificates that are open records are expected to be online through Ancestry for three years and then available online through the State website to all for free. The records are in the process of being scanned and data extracted now with the expectation the first batch will be available in early Spring. Pennsylvania residents are supposed to have free access to these records immediately after they are online through Ancestry.

Posted: 13 Jul 2013 5:29AM GMT
Does anyone have any updates as to when these records should be available online?

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 6:10PM GMT
The first batch is supposed to be available sometime in "late summer", I assumed that meant August but since we're half way through the month and nothing yet, I'm hoping it'll be no later than sometime in September. All the records are planned to be available by February 2014.

http://home.ptd.net/~timarg/PaHR-Access-FAQ.htm

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 10:31PM GMT
Last time I was at the Archives I was told that they do not expect anything to be on-line this year.

Someone posted on FB a couple of months ago that they had been at a conference where Ancestry had a table. That person was told that nothing would be put on-line until all records were digitized and transcribed.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions