Search for content in message boards

Chassels surname

Posted: 4 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 12:23AM GMT
Re:- Chassels in Hamilton Lanarkshire.
I know of baptism records of the children of William Chassels and Helen McCarter from 1786 up to 1799.
Also some for Thomas Chassels and Betty Douglas from the
same period. If u would like a copy let me know. I live in Motherwell, about 3 miles from Hamilton.

Chassels surname

Deirdre Blomkvist (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Chassels
I am searching for ancestors with the Chassels surname from Hamilton, Lanarkshire, who emigrated to Canada ~1870. Brothers Angus, Thomas and William Chassels. Do you have any information you culd share with me?

Angus Chassels Family from Scotland

Posted: 26 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 2:25AM GMT
My great, great grandfather Angus Chassels emigrated from Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Scotland.

He came to America in 1853, via New Orleans, Louisiana to southern Illinois

His parents were John Chassels (1785-1867) and
Jean Mc Nab (ca1788-1866)

Their boys were

William Born: May 8th, 1813

Angus Born: April 12th, 1817

John Born: January 13th, 1827

George Born: January 20th, 1830

Hope maybe this information will help.

Dottie

William Chassels

Posted: 26 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 2:25AM GMT
From an old Bible record of John Chassels (1785-1867) and his wife Jean McNab Chassels (born about 1788-1866)

John wrote "William Chassels my father died 20 June 1831"

Do you think that William Chassels and Helen Mac Carter are
my John Chassels parents?

Note: John and Jean named their second daughter Helen

Dottie

Re: Chassels surname

Dianne Gillissie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2002 8:56PM GMT
According to a newspaper item, in 1887,Thomas Chassels aged 23 years came to visit his uncle Angus Chassels in Farmersville (now Athens, Leeds County, Ontario) and later got a job in Toronto. His brother Angus M. Chassels, aged 21,came to his uncles in July, 1888 and was joined by Thomas. The two brothers tragically drowned at a cottage their uncle had rented for a family vacation.

Re: Chassels

Dorothy Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2004 10:26PM GMT
Jim
I would love a copy of the baptism record for the children of William Chassels and Helen Mc Carter.
If you would like I will send you a copy of the bible records of the family John Chasseles ( born about 1785:died 1867) and Jean McNab (born about 1788, died 1866) of Hamillton, Scotland.
John's father was William Chassels who died 20 June 1831.
John and his wife Jean named their 2nd daughter Helen.
I believe that your baptism record of the family of William Chassels and Helen Mc Carter is what I have been looking for
for many years.
If you wish to mail it. My address is:
Dorothy Johnson
P. O. Box 924
Cedar Glen, California 92321
United States of America

Thank you for sharing your information.
Dorothy "Dottie" Johnson

Posted: 20 Mar 2007 8:06PM GMT
My great grandfather was James Chassels who was from Bothwell Haugh in Lanarkshire. He was married to Jane Sweeney and had 6 children, James, Hugh, Margaret, Elizabeth, Jane and John born around 1890s. Would you have any information that would help me researching my family history.

Many thanks
Sheena

Re: Chassels

Posted: 20 Mar 2007 8:12PM GMT
Do you know any information about James Chassels who lived in Bothwell Haugh in Lanarkshire. He was married to Jane Sweeney and they had six children Hugh, Margaret James, Elizabeth, Jane and John. Margaret was my grandmother and was born in 1893.

Grateful for any information you can provide

Many thanks

Sheena

Posted: 8 Aug 2009 10:58PM GMT
Shenna,

If you are still searching for your family I can give info on the Sweeney side of the family. I have birth, marriage and death records for sure on Jane. Jane brother Patrick is my Great grandfather. I am speaking with Sweeney's in the UK now
Dennis

Posted: 5 Jan 2010 4:43AM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I have just signed up again on ancestry, hence the delay in responding. I am not aware of any Sweeney connections in my lineage. Thanks anyway. Deirdre Blomkvist
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions