Search for content in message boards

Weed Family

Weed Family

Posted: 29 Jul 2010 4:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
1799 Mary Weed was born in Greenfield NY her parents were Frederick Weed and Abigail Husted. I am looking for any records or information on this family.

Thank you for any help or links.
Linda

Re: Weed Family

Posted: 29 Jul 2010 9:37PM GMT
The Weed family was very well-known in Saratoga County and there is an extensive file located at Brookside Museum in Ballston Spa. The Weeds actually leased the museum and lived in it for 37 years. To my knowledge all Weeds in the county are related, but I will check further on that. Prior to 1800 Abraham Weed, John Weed, Jared Weed, and Noah Weed, a veteran of the American Revolution settled in Greenfield. In 1795, Jonathan Weed was one of the town assessors of Greenfield.
I will be at Brookside tomorrow and will, if I have time, look in the files for any info on Mary, Frederick or Abigail.

Posted: 30 Jul 2010 8:53PM GMT
The book "Greenfield Glimpses", pg. 139 cites Frederick Weed as one of 18 Charter members of St. John's Masonic Lodge #22, est. 2/20/1802 in Greenfield. In the 1800 Greenfield census Frederick is listed as having been between 26-45 yrs. of age, having 3 daughters below age 10 and 1 son under10. His wife is is the same age bracket. In the 1810 census he has 3 sons, and the same daughters and wife. Mary E. Weed, born in 1799 in Greenfield died in 1870 in Benezette, PA, daughter of Frederick Weed and Nancy Hoyt. Peter Weed, Frederick's father was born June 22, 1737 in Stamford, CT. Frederick's mother was Abigail Husted, born Dec. 30. 1740 in Stamford. Frederick married Nancy Hoyt who was born Dec. 15, 1767 in Stamford. This is mostly from WC.Rootsweb.ancestry.com.
Mary married Balfour Erasmus Morey, born May 16, 1796.
Good luck!

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 7:59PM GMT
Hello,
I am wondering if you could help me.

I have Emily(McCreedy)Weed. Emily was born in Nov 22, 1831/2 in New York and died April 29,1882 in Saratoga County,NY. Father first name is unknown to me. Mother's first name was Mary. Through research I've noticed that Emily was married twice. First marriage was to a man by the last name of Weed. Second marriage was to Orrin Humes. He was a descendant of Nicholas Humes. Emily Humes died April 29,1882 in Saratoga County, NY. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 10:53PM GMT
I will see what I can find for you this Friday when I am at the museum/history center.

Posted: 9 Aug 2013 2:51PM GMT
Emily's first marriage was to George Wood[not Weed].Emily & George had one son together, also named George.Her second marriage was to Orrin Humes of Greenfield Center, NY.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic