Search for content in message boards

Cassidys originally from Glenullin, Derry

Cassidys originally from Glenullin, Derry

Posted: 10 Jun 2008 5:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
My geat grandmother was Elizabeth Cassidy, the daughter of Patrick Cassidy and Nancy Mullan. She married Patrick McNichol who made several round trips to Philly. Patrick Cassidy's mother's maiden name was Gribbon And Nancy Mullan's father was James Mullan married Elizabeth McGuigan . Does anyone recognize these names?

Re: Cassidys originally from Glenullin, Derry

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 12:13AM GMT
Surnames: Mullan, Cassidy
Garvagh Roman Catholic Church Book #3 list a marriage between Patrick Cassidy of Slaght, son of John Cassidy, and Nancy Mullan of Slaght, daughter of James Mullan. The marriage date is recorded as 10 June 1877 in Ballerin (probably St Mary's Church), Garvagh, Coleraine, Londonderry, Ireland. I may have a bit more info, I will check and post it later.

Julie

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 12:57AM GMT
Surnames: Gribbon, McGuigan, Mullan, McNichol
Elizabeth Mullan, born 1 Nov 1846 in Brockagh, father recorded as James Mullan, mother is Eliza McGuigan. Info from the Birth Record book held at St Mary's Catholic Church, Ballerin, Garvagh, Coleraine, Londonderry. Could be Nancy's sister. There are two women/mothers also listed in the book with the maiden name Gribbon, Anne and Bridget, they are both from Drumbane. I believe Slaght and Brockagh townlands are pretty close to each other, Drumbane as well. I think they would have to be since they are listed in a church birth record book. Looking at the records, Mullan and McNichol are more common surnames, it doesn't seem like Gribbon and McGuigan are as common. The names you list in your post are definitely from this area there are also a bunch of McNichols.

Julie

Posted: 11 Oct 2011 8:49PM GMT
Hi, my name is Bob Holmes and Theodore Domanski was my great grandfather. He had three daughters, one of which, Pearl Bernadine was my maternal grandmother.

Posted: 4 Oct 2012 6:03AM GMT
Hi,
My grandfather Eugene William Cassidy was born in Co.derry (londonderry) in 1905...We no nothing more

you can email me Shanecassidy71@yahoo.com.au

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 12:23AM GMT
we have a patrick cassidy 1909 -1991 he was the sone of John cassidy 1862-1940 and mary duddy 1874-1943

patrick is my grandfathers older brother

please email me shanecassidy71@yahoo.com.au

thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions