Search for content in message boards

Obits, Newspaper Articles, Censuses, Marriages, etc.

Obits, Newspaper Articles, Censuses, Marriages, etc.

Posted: 9 May 2003 3:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have tons of obituaries, copies of Newspaper Articles, Census Books, Marriage books, etc for mostly Wallaceburg, Dover Twp, Chatham, Sombra Twp and I am willing to do look ups for people at no charge.
If you want copies of the above, I charge 50 cents each in American funds, plus postage and 75 cents each for Canadian funds plus postage.
If you are interested, please e-mail me directly at StellaP@aol.com

Re: Obits, Newspaper Articles, Censuses, Marriages, etc.

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 7:27PM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2003 11:49PM GMT
Ms. Stella,

Hello from Central Texas. Came across your e-mail message today and hope that you might be able to help me.

My ancestors came from Kent County, Ontario. The following is what little I have on them.

Arthur Curry married Mary A. Johnson in County Armagh, Ireland. Arthur died in Chatham January 18, 1881 and Mary died March 18, 1872, also in Chatham.

They had the following children:

Anna J. Curry who married Rupert McFadden
Elizabeth Curry who married Hampton Cowan
Susan Curry who married Joseph Wilson
Mary Curry who married Thomas Tong (my direct line-Tong)
Sarah Curry who married Charles Crawford
John Smith Curry who married Elizabeth Tong.

I am trying to verify that Thomas Tong and Elizabeth Tong were brother and sister who married brother and sister Curry.

If you could be of any help, especially marriages or obituaries, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Brenda Simek

Robert Neil (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2003 12:55AM GMT
Surnames: TONG
Brenda,
Your email address bounced.
[ For <bjsimek@vvm.com>, the destination server said: 5.1.1 <bjsimek@vvm.com>... Requested mail action aborted: account inactive (from vvm.com:66.196.0.11) ]

If you contact me at < rneil@ciaccess.com > I will give you some census data on TONGs

Posted: 24 Jun 2003 12:28PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 6:11PM GMT
Surnames: Crow
What years do you have Wallaceburg newspaper obits?

Posted: 25 Jul 2003 4:19AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 5:41PM GMT
Surnames: Gallarno, Gallarneau, Gallerno, Slater
I am searching for a marriage license for David Gallarno akaGallarneau or Gallerno and
Margaret Slater they were married in 1826 (I have no month or day)I believe in or near Harwich Kent County Ontario. They left Ontario in 1850 to move to Illinois. Any help would be greatly appreciated. and I will gladly pay your postage amount.
Thank you
Louise Westphalen
Washington State

colleen (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2004 12:57PM GMT
Surnames: CURRY, JOHNSON, McFADDEN, COWAN, WILSON, TONG, CRAWFORD,
Hello,
I'm throwing you a curve; I have yur Curry/Cowan relatives.These are not my relatives, but feel that someone may be interested in the information. It comes from the 1892 Portrait & Biographical Album of Genesee, Lapeer & Tuscola Counties, in Michigan. Chapman Bros.
Colleen

JOHN S. CURRY. The beautiful farm located on section 25, Wells Township, Tuscola County, is owned by John S. Curry, who was born July 12, 1838, in the County of Armagh, Ireland. He is a son of Arthur Curry, who was born in the same country in 1810. Our subject's father was a linen-weaver by trade and followed that employment for a living until coming to Canada in 1842. From that time until his death he was devoted to the agricultural calling. Arthur Curry married Mary A. Johnson, a daughter of Joseph and Anna Johnson, of Ireland--one of the two old Quaker families of that country. To our subject's parents were born six children, five girls and one boy.

The family of which our subject is one are named individually as follows: Anna J., Elizabeth, Susan, Mary, Sarah and John S. Anna is now the wife of Rupert McFadden, of Canada; Elizabeth is the wife of Hampton Cowan, of the same country; Susan, who is now deceased, married Joseph Wilson, also of Canada; Mary is the wife of Thomas Tong, of Tuscola County; Sarah is now the wife of Charles Crawford, of Detroit. Our subject's father was a member of the Orange Society of Ireland and united himself with that fraternity on coming to Canada. He was a member of the Presbyterian Church and belonged to the yeomanry of Ireland. He died in Canada in 1883. His life companion preceded him by several years.

As a lad our subject received fair educational advantages and at the age of twenty-seven began for himself. He first adopted the work of threshing and hired out to do farm work, but in 1871 he removed to Michigan and settled upon the same farm where he now lives, but instead of the highly-improved place which one now finds as the domain over which he rules, the place was one vast wilderness. There was no road then leading to his claim and he was obliged to be his own roadmaster.

December 11, 1863, our subject was married to Elizabeth Tong, a daughter of William and Rosa Tong, of England. By this union were born seven children, all bright and progressive young people who will make their way in the world. They are by name, Thomas J., Robert A., John T., William H., David M., Russell S. and Rosa E. Our subject is one of the men by whose early efforts and self-denial the present generation is profiting.

Posted: 18 Sep 2011 11:04PM GMT
Are you sure it's Rupert and not Robert? I only have a bit of information but I have this. Robert McFadden and his brothers, James, Thomas and William came out from Armagh, Ireland. Robert was just 16 yrs of age and was a linen weaver in Ireland. On the way over William drowned. Robert, James and Thomas all settled in the county of Kent. Robert farmed after arriving in the new country. He married Ann J. Curry. Born to these were 6 sons and 2 daughters: Thomas, Andrew, William, Arthur, Joseph, Walter, Sarah and Lena. Both Ann J Curry and her husband Robert were of the Presbyterian Faith. Robert was a member of the Orange Lodge. They had an adopted daughter Rachel Jacklin married to Thomas Arnold of Dresden. Robert died in Chatham Township in 1887 age 64 yrs. His wife was killed by being thrown from a vehicle in 1892, age 64 yrs. She is buried in Dresden Cemetary.

Posted: 8 Jan 2014 4:25AM GMT
Stella are you still active?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic