Search for content in message boards

Cooper's Underwear Company

Cooper's Underwear Company

Posted: 23 Sep 2009 9:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cooper
please advise how I can view the Cooper's Underwear Co. business information you have on the web site - it does not load and as the company was started by a direct descendant I would like to include the information and if possible a copy of the brochures you show on the site in our family tree archive.
many thanks
Nicky Cooper

Re: Cooper's Underwear Company

Posted: 26 Sep 2009 11:20PM GMT
Hello Nicky.
In 1876 the company founder was Samuel S.Cooper and named the business Samuel S. Cooper and Sons in Ludington,Mi. In 1900 they relocated to Kenosha and changed the name to Coopers Underwear Company.It was sold in 1971 to Harry Wolf and the name was changed to Jockey International,Inc. which is still the name today.If you go to Coopers underwear History you may find what you're looking for. Martnan

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 1:11PM GMT
You can try this site.

www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Jockey-Internation...

If you use copy and paste it brings you to the site.

This is the Jockey International Inc. history.

It gives a complete history of the company.

Key Dates:

1876: Samuel T. Cooper purchases six hand-operated knitting machines and with his sons founds S.T. Cooper & Sons, a hosiery manufacturer located in Ludington, Michigan.

c. 1900: Company relocates to Kenosha, Wisconsin, and changes its name to Cooper's Underwear Company.

1929: The Jockey brand is first used for a one-piece garment called the 'Jockey Singleton.'

1971: Harry Wolf, a company consultant, purchases Cooper's.

1978: Wolf dies and ownership passes to his three children; Donna Wolf Steigerwaldt holds controlling interest and becomes chair and CEO.

1993: Steigerwaldt buys out her sister's share to become sole owner of Jockey.

1995: Edward C. Emma is named president and COO.

C. Cadeau

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 3:53PM GMT
Samuels sons were Charles,Henry,and Willis. Go to Cooper underwear family history. Scroll down to Jockey"Company History. You'll find names and pictures of the Cooper family.Hope this helps you. martnan

Posted: 29 Sep 2009 1:31AM GMT
thanks for the replies. All help appreciated. Nicky

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 5:58PM GMT
Would like to say thank you for the link to Cooper's Underwear Company in Kenosha, WI. My grandmother and a third - great - aunt both worked for the company when it was Cooper's.

Posted: 20 Mar 2014 4:56AM GMT
Hi, I was born and raised in Hartford, Wisconsin. My Father and his brothers and sister used to take me along on a fairy boat to Ludington, Michigan to see my Dads cousins and uncles and aunts. I was very young maybe 8-10 years old the last time we went and That was for a funeral of one of my Dads Uncles So I can not remember names of those in Ludington, My Dad was Ivan Cooper then there was Orville, John, Glen, Earl, Violet, And two other girls that died very young and another Brother Clarence that was Missing In Action in Korea. Their mothers name Was Addy,? Fathers name was Robert?
I think. Could anyone help? Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic