Search for content in message boards

William A Mink

William A Mink

Ken Cromer (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mink Cromer French Renner
Does anyone have any information on a William A Mink who was a civil war soldier. I think he may have been the brother to Celia Jane Mink who married Adam Cromer. I was visiting the old Mink cemetery on Skaggs creek in Rockcastle county and saw a headstone that reads William A Mink co. A 4th Ky.MTD INF.also Adam Cromer co.B 10th Ky. INF Adam and Celia Cromer also have headstones that are fallen over.Adam 1845-1885 Celia 1847-1945. Adam was a brother to my ggrandfather Jarvis Jackson Cromer. This cemetery is in need of a lot of work to restore it. It has basically been overtaken by the woods that surrounds it.Anyone interested in doing some work there let me know. Ken Cromer

Mink- Cromer

Kay Shafer (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mink, Cromer, Bradley, Barron, Bullock, Prewitt, Chaney, Southard, Shafer, Joseph, Johnson, York
Rockcastle -- My name is Jennifer Kay Prewitt-Shafer. William Mink, that served in the Civil war, was my great-great-grandfather. His son, Wesley Mink, married Elizabeth Barron Mink. My grandmother, Jalia Elmer Mink (born 01-31-1900, died 01-04-1999), married Hugh Cromer(born 05-02-1901, died 07-1979). Hugh was the son of Henry "Hen" and Louiza (nickname or short form) Bradley Cromer. My mother is Rosa Mae Cromer Prewitt (born 04-26-33). She has four brother and four sisters: John Herman "Rank" Cromer, Martha Lorene "Renie" Cromer McClure, twins, Willie Earl Cromer(died in 1987)and Lillie Pearl Cromer Stanley, Freddie Lee Cromer, Henry Ova Cromer, Molly Marie Cromer Thomas(lives in Indiana), Wanda Jean Cromer (killed in auto accident at age of 23). My mother married my father, Joise Melvin Prewitt(08-31-1928), also of Rockcastle on April 24, 1951, the son of Charlie Logan Prewitt (Pruitt) and Mary Elandor Bullock Prewitt. Logan was the son of John Prewitt (Pruitt) and Sindy Southard Prewitt (or Pruitt). Mary was the daughter of Joe Bullock and Rachel Chaney Bullock. Dad's brothers and sisters are James William Prewitt (served in WWII, POW - held captive by the Germans), Gilmer Prewitt (deceased), Anna Charlene Prewitt Reynolds, Irene Prewitt Reynolds, Rissie Christine Prewitt Cummins, Bronith Prewitt Mink, Cordie Prewitt Harper(lives in West Chester, Ohio), Rosie Tillo Prewitt Cromer, and Lola Prewitt (deceased during teenage years). I have nine brothers and seven sisters living and a brother and sister deceased. We were raised in Rockcastle County. I was born the eighteenth child on December 16, 1975. I continue to live in Rockcastle, in the Gum Sulphur section, West of Brodhead. My mom & dad live in the Wabd community. I am married to Johnny Thomas Shafer(08-07-1975), the son of Thomas Edward and Joyce York Shafer of Gum Sulphur. Eddie is the son of Charlie Shafer and Molly Joseph Shafer (both deceased). Joyce is the daughter of Ernest Woodrow York (deceased) and Gladys May Johnson York (lives in Crab Orchard, Lincoln Co). Thomas and I have two children, Johnny Thomas, II(07-05-1995) and Jenise Kayla (11-08-1997). My brothers and sisters are Jimmy Melvin Prewitt (lives in Mount Vernon), married to Debra Kay Sowder, son, Kenneth Melvin Prewitt, daughter, Betty Rose Prewitt; Nancy Helen Prewitt Silver (lives in Mount Vernon) married Jimmie Dale Silver, son, Chadwich Dale Silver; Jerry Earl Prewitt (lives in Easley, South Carolina), married Cheryl Ann Alderman, daughter, Jennifer Brook Prewitt, children from previous marriages, Jerry Brandon Prewitt, Ashlee Nicole Prewitt, E. Dustin Prewitt, Marty Poynter; Anita Sue Prewitt (lives in Mount Vernon), had a daughter, Dreama Tyrease Plummer Roberts, out of wedlock, married & divorced William Plummer, daughter Lisa Dawn Plummer, married & divorced Charles Allen Hedrick, two daughters, Allison Paige Hedrick and Amanda Jill Hedrick; Nina Ellen deceased shortly after birth; Billy Joe Prewitt(lives in Brodhead) married & divorced four times, has a son, Brett Austin Prewitt; Jeffery Kim (now lives in Clinton, Ohio) married and divorced twice, married to Tammy Jean Hood, has no children; Justin Kent Prewitt (lives in Mount Vernon) married and divorced four times, now married to Tammy (from Minnesota) and has a daughter, Loren Elise Prewitt and has two sons from second marriage, Justin Kent Prewitt, Jr. and James Robert Prewitt; Sharon Ann Prewitt (lives in Louisiana) married and divorced Joe Accardi, has a daughter, Sheila Joann, had two daughters out of wedlock, fathered by Willaim Peterson, Kelly Michelle and Mary Katherine, married David Crowninshield and has daughter, Abigail Louise; Terry Douglas (lives in Brodhead) married to Carolyn Foster, children Joshua, Becky Lynn, and Anthony; Larry (lives in Ferguson in Pulaski Co) married to Deborah Jean Wilson, children Sarah Elizabeth and Zachary Lee; Gary (lives in Mount Vernon) married to Tereasa Ann Roberts, children Hannah Noelle Prewitt and Gary Prewitt, Jr.; Lloyd Randy Prewitt (lives in Brodhead) married to Joy Rae (from Casey Co) son Levi Randy Ray; David Ray deceased at 23 months, heart disease; Rose Sonya Prewitt Parker(lives in Spiro section of Rockcastle) married and divorced Roger Nathaniel Price, married Tommy Parker and has a daughter, Jalia Mikaytelin Rose Parker; Sheila Ramona Prewitt McGuire (lives at Brodhead) married to Stoney Brigg McGuire, son Jacob Seth McGuire; Sherri Leona Prewitt(lives in Mount Vernon) has three children out of wed lock, John Larkan Prewitt, Logan Wayne Prewitt, and Lanna Jo Prewitt; Joyce Amy Prewitt (lives in Wabd section) married to Marvin Lee McKinney. Thomas Shafer has two sisters: Samantha Jayne Shafer Dillingham, married and divorced Timothy Leon Dillingham and has two surving sons, Timothy Dalton Blake Dillingham, Caleb Channing Dillingham, a deceased son Connor Chase Dillingham, and a daughter, Molly Skyler Jayne Dillingham; Amanda May Sue is single. The Shafer's were raised in / around Brodhead. The York's were raised in Crab Orchard.

Mink- Cromer

Kay Shafer (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mink, Cromer, Bullock, Prewitt
Rockcastle -- My name is Jennifer Kay Prewitt-Shafer. William Mink, that served in the Civil war, was my great-great-grandfather. His son, Wesley Mink, married Elizabeth Barron Mink. My granmother, Jalia Elmer Mink (born 01-31-1900, died 01-04-1999), married Hugh Cromer(born 05-02-1901, died 07-1979). Hugh was the son of Henry "Hen" and Louiza (nickname or short form) Bradley Cromer. My mother is Rosa Mae Cromer Prewitt (born 04-26-33). She has four brother and four sisters: John Herman "Rank" Cromer, Martha Lorene "Renie" Cromer McClure, twins, Willie Earl Cromer(died in 1987)and Lillie Pearl Cromer Stanley, Freddie Lee Cromer, Henry Ova Cromer, Molly Marie Cromer Thomas(lives in Indiana), Wanda Jean Cromer (killed in auto accident at age of 23). My mother married my father, Joise Melvin Prewitt(08-31-1928), also of Rockcastl

Prewitt

Ken Cromer (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cromer Renner French
I know I am related to both your Mink and Cromer ancestors but I am wondering about the Prewitts. I have a couple of questions. Are you related to Jonas Pitman? he was a civil war soldier also, he is buried at Walnut Grove. He married a Mcqueen a sister to my ggrandfather Thomas Jefferson McQueen their daughter Amanda or Mandy married Daniel Prewitt and moved to Laurel county. She was born in 1865 and died in 1957. She lived accross the road from where I grew up near East Bernstadt Ky.She was born on what my dad calls the old Doc Norton place accross from Walnut Grove on the east side of Skaggs creek. We always called her Aunt Mandy since she was my mother's great aunt. The other question is where is Wabd? and how do you pronounce it? i have saw the word in old Mt Vernon Signal news and always wondered

Prewitt

Kay Shafer (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Prewitt, Cromer, Mink
I am not sure where the Prewitts originated before coming to Rockcastle County. I only know of my dad's parents, Charlie Logan Prewitt (Pruitt) and Mary Eleandor Bullock Prewitt (Pruitt). Mary died in the early 1960's, bore I was born and Logan died when I was only 4 or 5 years old. Their names could be spelled Prewitt or Pruitt. Dad's name on his birth certificate is Pruitt, but all my brother

william a. mink

laurie lacey (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: mink
do you have more info on william a mink, usa? i've traced back to william mink born around 1790, married to icey, born around 1820 and would like to know if there is any connection. child was william (b.4-5-1847 d. 4/25/22)

william married sarah susan williams 9/20/86, she was born 9-5-1845, died 2-16-1918 or 19. their son, lewis elexander was my great grandfather. b(11-24-1879) d(12-23-1966) married Nancy fronia hall in 1876.

Minks

Ken Cromer (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cromer French Renner
Most of my connections to the Mink line is through the McQueen family. Both families came from Johnson county Tennessee to Rockcastle county Ky.in the mid 1800s. I don't have anything on a Lewis Alexander Mink but the name Alexander shows up repeatedly in the Mink line. William Amos had a son named Wesley Alexander Mink. Several of the McQueens married into the Mink families, as well as Cromers. The Mink line is pretty well documented on Ancestry .com

Minks

Peggy Rogers Cordier (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Joe, William, Minks
My Great GrandFather was Joe William Minks who married Sidney Elizabeth Cromer, They are both buried at the Providence Church of Christ Cemetery in Rocastle County, Kentucky. The Minks line and the Mink line are one and the same, In the immediate families that are buried there , that are my kins folk some have Minks and others have Mink but they are all the same. I have more documents of Great-Grandpa Minks Brothers and Sisters, their dates of birth and deaths. When I have more time I will try to get back to this web site and list what I have , It is quite a bit. Also I know that the Bradleys, Renners, and Cromers and some of the Frenches are connected to the Minks and Mink familys. Give me an E- mail if you would like.
Posted: 16 Jul 2002 7:13PM GMT
I am a Prewitt from Rockcastle Co., KY. My father is Joyce or Joise Prewitt. His parents were Charlie Logan PRUITT and Mary Bullock PRUITT.

Let me know if I can help

Re: Mink- Cromer

Posted: 23 Jul 2002 3:22PM GMT
My husband's Grandfather Harvey Prewitt was raised in Rockcastle. His father was William Thomas Prewitt, married to Mary Alice Smith. Harvey married Flora Manerva Crank and they lived on Back Creek near Lancaster. All of William's kids were born in Rockcastle around Brodhead. Does your family know any of these Prewitt's? All from same area, surely some relation.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions