Search for content in message boards

Perlina Elkins & John Rose

Perlina Elkins & John Rose

Posted: 11 Mar 2009 10:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any information regarding Perlina Elkins parents. I'm leaning toward Armistead and Elizabeth Elkins but I have no proof. They all came to Va from NC before 1860.

My email is ferbie1968@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Re: Perlina Elkins & John Rose

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 9:36PM GMT
Surnames: Rose, Elkins
I don't have definitive proof either, however I agree that Perlina was the daughter of Armistead and Elizabeth. I think this for two reasons: one, Elizabeth is living next to Perlina in 1880, and two, in 1853 there was an application in Russell Co VA to build a new road in order to make traveling to the courthouse easier. Lots of people signed this application, but Armistead Elkins, John Rose, and John M. Rose, all signed it right in a row.

John and Perlina are my husband's great-great-great grandparents.

Posted: 27 Apr 2010 12:30AM GMT
I now wish that I had definate proof of John's parentage as well!!!!!!!! If only a marriage record could be found for them. These two will remain a "mystery" until something comes to light.

Thanks!

Posted: 8 Mar 2011 9:10PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2011 9:17PM GMT
As this post is several years now, you may have already found the info you were seeking, but ........... Just in case.
The family of John Rose is listed in the genealogy report -- "My Rose Family of Dickenson Co., VA .. And Beyond" by Denver G. Johnson submitted to the LDS library. He has some nice references as well as pictures. The book is available for downloading. If you need more info, email me.
sky77magic@yahoo.com
(PS I'm researching the McCloud line who married Dolcena/Dulcena Rose)

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 4:05PM GMT
Awesome - I have a little bit of research on Dolly as well. I will email you!

Thanks!

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 1:09PM GMT
I am also kin to armistead elkins his son james joseph elkins is my ggrandfather perlina would of been my g aunt. the only info that i have is that joseph elkins had a dau dora belle elkins ball married to alfred augustus ball and they lived in dickenson co. were my grandmother nancy jane ball married levi d mullins. have hit dead ends on armistead elkins and joseph so many joseph elkins and would love to know anything bout this side of family have been searching for 2 years and nothing. bobbie

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 2:55PM GMT
Hi Bobbie

I've not done much research on The Elkins simply because I couldn't prove the Perlina was a daughter to Armistead. How did you know that Perlina was a sister to Joseph and a daughter to Armistead? I could so some research on Armistead and maybe we can compare notes?

Thanks!

Ferbie

Posted: 10 Jul 2011 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: ELKINS
IM JUST NOW STARTING 2 LOOK INTO TRACING MY FAMILY TREE A LIL BIT, I DONT HAV MUCH 2 GO ON REALLY AT ALL...I KNOW MY GRANDPA THOMAS RAY ELKINS GREW UP IN MALVERN, AR...AND HIS MOMS NAME WAS PEARL I THINK HER MAIDEN NAME WAS ASHLEY....HER TOMB STONE SAYS PEARL ASHLEY ELKINS...BUT IT WAS PUT THERE UNTIL YEARS AFTER HER DEATH. SHE DIED OF TB WHEN MY GRANDPA WAS ABOUT 14ISH...HE HAD A SISTER BETTY ELKINS...BUT SHE PASSED ON A FEW YEARS AGO...IF N E OF THAT HELPS..LEMME KNOW

Posted: 12 Jul 2011 10:07AM GMT
I dont know for sure that perlina was armistead's dau just what system say's . ive hit a dead end on him for the last two years and am totally stumped. wish i did know or anything on dora belle elkins ball married to alfred augustus ball. this one is driving me crazy lol. armistead there are two armstead and armistead elkins one says mulatto and other white doesnt matter just want to know that side of family since that is who i take after. thank u wish i could be of more help. bobbie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic