Search for content in message boards

Looking for members of my family... Hereford

Looking for members of my family... Hereford

Posted: 16 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Oct 2003 11:43PM GMT
Surnames: Hereford
Dear Friends: For many years I have been trying to look for persons related to my family. I came from Arthur Edward Hereford, Gerald G hereford, John Robert Hereford, William Ashley Hereford. They were From San Luis, Mo. Please if you have any information about it or if you know someone who could be from my family I WIll appreciated. Thanks!

Hereford

Posted: 5 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 4:42AM GMT
Surnames: Hereford, Tritle, Spencer, Parker
My great great grandmother was Jane Catherine Hereford (1840 - 1925) b at Hillsboro IL. Jane Catherine Hereford married Frederick Augustus Tritle. Their daughter Jane Catherine Tritle married Eugene Jaccard Spencer at Prescott, AZ, and they resided at Webster Groves, St. Louis, Missouri. Jane Catherine Hereford was the daughter of Francis Hereford Jr. and Sarah Catherine Stuart Foote. Francis Hereford Jr. (1801 - 1851) was b at Mason County VA and died at Independence, Missouri; he was the son of Francis Hereford and Ann Catherine Harrison. Francis Hereford was the son of John Hereford of Fairfax County VA, d at Mason County VA (1758 - 1846) and Betsy Patterson. That's as far back as I have at present, but I know I can establish the connection to the Herefords in England, because my parents have visited there. The Herefords they met in England say that all the Herefords are from the same family.
Posted: 14 Apr 2013 11:39PM GMT
CGWieder: I am descended from the same line of Herefords. My grandfather Francis Rockwell Hereford ("Rock")was the grand nephew of your gg grandmother Jane Catherine Hereford Trittle. Rock's father was Jane's nephew and was private secretary for Frederick Tritle when he was governor of AZ territory. I have lines going back quite a bit farther than you, but I believe there is an issue regarding the John Hereford who married Betsey Patterson. Some DAR records incorrectly identify Sgt. John Hereford as our Revolutionary War ancestor. Per my approved SAR application, our John Hereford was a Col. in the VA militia and provided material support. You can message me for additional information. scarpenter@ptwww.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions