Search for content in message boards

how to obtain obituaries from Kenosha Public Library

how to obtain obituaries from Kenosha Public Library

Posted: 16 Oct 2009 11:59PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
The Kenosha Public Library will do look-ups for $10.00 -- personal check okay.

Write to Kenosha Public Library
Attn: Reference Dept
PO Box 1414
Kenosha WI 53141-1414

Include as much information as you can. Librarian said it would be a week or two. He did not mention including a SASE, so I didn't bother. I did ask whether a personal (out of state) check was okay or did I need a money order. He said a check was fine.

Thought I would pass this information along!

Amy

Re: how to obtain obituaries from Kenosha Public Library

Posted: 17 Oct 2009 11:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Amy, and all others interested. I frequently visit the Kenosha Public Library to do obituary lookups. I do not charge anything, as the cost to me is only 15 cents per lookup. So, if anyone is interested in a free lookup, please let me know. Thanks.

Matthew De Witt
RAOGK Volunteer, Kenosha County: www.raogk.org
Rootsweb Obituary Lookup Volunteer, Kenosha County: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~obitl/volw...
ccwalker_uwp@yahoo.com

Posted: 17 Oct 2009 4:23PM GMT
Does anyone know how far back their newspapers go?

Posted: 14 Oct 2011 5:54PM GMT
the papers go back all the way to the 1850's, but the further back you go, the more selected the newspapers available to look at are.

Posted: 14 Oct 2011 5:56PM GMT
Amy- I work in Kenosha and am a frequent visitor to the Libraries. I am available to look up obituaries as well for you, just let me know the name and date of death or best approximation of death and I would be glad to help.

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 9:53PM GMT
I'm wondering if you can find the obituary of my Great Uncle Vito Scolerio he died September 9th, 1926, he owned a restaurant and pool hall in Kenosha, Wi, his wife,s name was Maria. He had 4 children and one on the way when he was shot and killed, Thanks, Janet Scolerio
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions