Search for content in message boards

Re :Malone/Burns/Casidy/Farrelly

Re :Malone/Burns/Casidy/Farrelly

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 12:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Sep 2004 10:31AM GMT
Surnames: Malone,Casidy,Burns, Farrelly
I am searching for information about my ggg-grandparents Edward Malone, Ellen (Eleanor) Casidy Malone, Peter Burns, and Mary Farrelly Burns, all of whom lived in SE County Cavan, Ireland in the late 1700's and early 1800's. They are all (fortunately!) found in the only surviving fragment of the 1821 Irish census in Lurgan and Munterconnaught parishes. Edward Malone is also listed (one wheel) in the 1796 flax growers list for Munterconnaught Parish. The Malones lived in the adjacent townlands of Knockaraheen and Lurganboy, and the Burns in the townlands of Cornaslieve, Lisgrea and Cleggan. They were Catholics -- illiterate labourers and cottiers, and the women were spinners and knitters. Perhaps they came to Cavan from elsewhere in Ireland to work in the flax and linen cottage industry during the linen boom of the late 18th century. I would greatly appreciate any information about their birthplaces and/or ancestry.

Re: Malone/Burns/Casidy/Farrelly

Michael Malone (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2004 2:02AM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2004 10:30AM GMT
Surnames: Malone,Casey
Curious if your Malone's immigrated to America and when and where?

I am trying to trace my Malone's back to Ireland. I am researching Lawrence Malone who was a weaver and his father Patrick Malone who was also a weaver. Lawrence's estimated date of birth is 1811. In 1838, Lawrence Malone married Alice Casey in Leeds County York, England. Alice's father was William Casey and he also was a weaver. They were all listed as natives of Ireland. They immigrated to New York in 1844 and eventually found their way to Philadelphia by 1847.

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 2:23AM GMT
Surnames: Malone
My Malones, John and Margaret emigrated to America in 1842, arriving in New York on June 9 in the ship "Sarah Anne". If your Lawrence was a weaver and his father Patrick was a weaver also, were they by any chance from Cavan? A Patrick Malone was listed as a flax grower in Munterconnaught Parish, Co. Cavan in 1796 and a Patrick Malone (Lawrence's brother, perhaps?) was also listed in the same parish in GV with a tenancy of 19 acres. Patrick was possibly a brother of Edward, John's father. He would also likely have been a weaver with a large holding of flax fields.

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 2:34AM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2004 10:28AM GMT
I have no idea what county in Ireland my Malone's are from. However, you might find this interesting. My gg grandfather William Patrick Malone who was the son of Lawrence Malone and Alice Casey Malone possibly arrived in the Port of New York on May 19, 1842 abroad the "Sarah" or "Hanah" (not sure of spelling). If the individual abroad this ship is my gg grandfather he was traveling with his grandparents and his father and mother came to America later. These are the Malone's traveling on the May 19, 1842 ship.
Patrick Malone age 50
Mrs. Malone age 49
Mathew Malone age 18
Mary Malone age 14
James Malone age 13
Ann Malone age 12
Patrick Malone age 4 *this is possible my gg grandfather*

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 3:19AM GMT
Why don't you check the Census records for Munterconnaught Parish in Co. Cavan in 1821 to see if your branch of the family might be there? I think you might find them.

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 10:47AM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2004 12:51AM GMT
Thank you!! Will let you know what is found. Mike

Re: Malone/Burns/Casidy/Farrelly+Denning-Carroll?

JimDenning (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2004 4:35AM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2004 10:07AM GMT
could you find any denning or varient in your lines
or did they come to chelsea ma,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic