Search for content in message boards

Bruce Davis

Bruce Davis

Posted: 25 Mar 2012 11:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davis
Hi....can anyone help me find further infomation about my family who lived in the area in the 1930's? Bruce was my grandfathers (Richard Grant Davis) brother who drowned aged 16 in the Pembina river in June 1938. The family were reported to be living at Moon Lake. Their father was Richard, mother I think was Jean and there were other siblings too Ross Graham, Kenneth and Jean...I believe my grandfather may of been the eldest, he would of been 26 at the time. Any infomation of the Davis family living in the area at this time would be greatly recieved as I have been looking for a couple of years now for any clues particularly of my great grandparents Richard and Jean. Thanks.
Donna Webb, nee Davis

Re: Bruce Davis

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 9:20PM GMT
The Master Surname Database (not online) (mostly burials in Alberta cemeteries) of the Alberta Genealogical Society lists these names;

Bruce DAVIS, 19 jun 1938 (Brightwood cemetery)
burial in Entwistle Cemetery Entwistle.

Bruce DAVIS, 1923 - 1929 16yrs
burial in the Brightwood cemetery Drayton Valley.

These cemeteries are about 6 or 7 Miles apart. So they seem to be two different people.

Maybe you should contact the AGS Drayton Valley Branch to see if the can get more info.

For further research please contact the Research Committee of the Drayton Valley Branch.
http://abgensoc.ca/

Peter

Posted: 27 Mar 2012 8:19AM GMT
Surnames: Davis
Thank you Peter....I will follow up your leads! Can you clarify the second piece of information for me please, you have written Bruce DAVIS, 1923-1926 16yrs. Is this a typo do you think as this would make him 3yrs? My guess is that the first burial will be Bruce as the story of his death was reported in the Letherdridge Herald on the 20th June 1938, so the dates add up! Thanks again. Donna.

Posted: 27 Mar 2012 3:09PM GMT
Yes, my error, should be 1923 - 1929 16 yrs. Still does not add up.

Peter
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions